Damndest thing

-

Poppafeel8760

Reaction score
I have been trying to get my truck running for a week.i have tried everything.went and bought a compression gauge kit to check that. Hooked gauge up in the 3rd from the rear spark plug hole,laid spark plug wire to the side and got a phone call.i forgot all about the test and walked up and fired her up. Vroomvroom.zge was purring. I danced I jig and went to look at engine and noticed that the gauge was in and the spark plug and wire are sitting on radiator.i freaked and shut her down immediately put everything back and went to crank her up and she fired right up.o cant get her to misfire or not start.mind you a week of every forum, you tube, friends, and my mind have been tried to get her to crank.im thankful but I feel and know there is a LOOMING DARK CLOUD on my horizon because this happened.any and all ideas would be much appreciated

Intermittent squawks are the worst. Hard failures make troubleshooting a lot easier so there’s a good chance you won’t be able to nail this down until it shows itself again. For the sake of your piece of mind I hope I’m wrong.

Check voltage drops with a 12v test meter on the primary side. Faulty ignition switch, or an intermittent coil are often the source of hard to find problems.

-
Back