Dampers

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Can Vibration dampers be swapped between small blocks...or is there technical issues?
Have one on the 1972, 318 that looks a little shabby, however the one on the 69 273 look good.

Thanks

Jimmy, is your timing tab in the same place on both engines? As long as one isn't for an internally balance engine and the other for an external balance or cast / forged crank, you should be O.K.

As oldvart said, you could use the 273 balancer on your 318 as far as balance is concerned. The only issue would be that pre-'70 timing marks are different than '70up timing marks. I have in the past put my balancers in front of one another and taken a hacksaw and put the timing mark so they match, you could do the same then it would work.

Chuck

If you need another balancer I have one from a 73 318. Just make me an offer plus shipping from NW Arkansas.

larry408 said:
If you need another balancer I have one from a 73 318. Just make me an offer plus shipping from NW Arkansas.

Thanks Larry408, If ya lived down the road cool. I Can get on not to far away from here.

-
Back