Dampner

-

340Dart

Obsessive Dart Disorder
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the dampner and noticed the rubber was cracking. This is the stock one. It hasn't slipped and TDC is where it should be. Should I replace it?

Fred B

I wouldn't worry about replacing it just yet. There are alot of stock balancers out there with the rubber cracking some. If you're not doing alot of high rpm stuff I'd just keep an eye on it and plan on replacing it the next time you dive off into the motor.

I was looking at the dampner and noticed the rubber was cracking. This is the stock one. It hasn't slipped and TDC is where it should be. Should I replace it?

Fred B

Fred, what are you running exactly? I am a stickler when it comes to dampners. It's one of the things people just do not invest in when modifying their motors. Granted, stock motors are fine with stock dampners (ones in good shape that is) but once the heat gets turned up, upgrading your dampner is something people need to really consider.

Fred, what are you running exactly? I am a stickler when it comes to dampners. It's one of the things people just do not invest in when modifying their motors. Granted, stock motors are fine with stock dampners (ones in good shape that is) but once the heat gets turned up, upgrading your dampner is something people need to really consider.

My motor is bored .030 and balanced. Mopar 508 cam, Edelbrock heads, Holley Strip Domminator manifold w/750 Holley DP. It doesn't see over 6200 rpm's. It's a 340.

Fred B

-
Back