[WANTED] Dana 60 Power Lok

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a Dana 60 power lok carrier. 30 or 35 spline. I have to order axles so either one will work. Thanks in advance.

You can order your axles as 35 spline(strongest) and change from 30 to 35 spline side gears if need be later.

Yes I’m aware of the internal kit from Dr Diff.

Cool but some people are not.

Some people don't even realize that you can change those gears.

You can do the same thing on the trac loc also.

Now for my disclaimer you cannot take power lock parts and put into a trac loc housing or vice versa.

Cool but some people are not.

Some people don't even realize that you can change those gears.

You can do the same thing on the trac loc also.

Now for my disclaimer you cannot take power lock parts and put into a trac loc housing or vice versa.
Why is that because of the bearings?

Why is that because of the bearings?

I would start with the track lock only uses two spider gears and a single pin through it and the power lock uses four spider gears and has two pins going through it.

So without looking I would say that the size of the gears internally is different but that's just my guess at the moment. One of these days when I feel better I'll throw them up on the bench and look them both over.

I’m pretty sure they will interchange. I know there is a difference in carriers when changing gear ratio ranges. But that is the only difference I’m aware of.

Lets ask
@DoctorDiff
Will Any of the Dana, Trac Loc internals work in rhe Power Lock housing or vice versa? (Gears pins clutches pinions?)
That is not what I understood your question to be. Of course none of the internals will interchange they are two different units. I thought you were saying where one came out of you can’t use the other! Dana 60 housings?

That is not what I understood your question to be. Of course none of the internals will interchange they are two different units. I thought you were saying where one came out of you can’t use the other! Dana 60 housings?

Please forgive me. Some people use the term carrier in some people use the term housing and they get mixed up. I am talking about the internal carrier that houses the pinion and side gears.

The axle housing itself you can use a 3 4 5 series carrier in any of them as far as I have ever seen. You can put 8 and 3/4 or Ford axle ends on the housings it doesn't matter as long as you have the right size bearing

Sorry to have misunderstood what you were saying.

Just throw some 35-spline side into whatever carrier you can find and and bolt it together. You can always change it out later to the one you really desire the most.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back