DANA 60 - Question/Help

-

Joe Mc

No Car Like A MoPar!
Reaction score
I came about an ad stating:

I have a Dana 60 for an A-body that was built to be a direct replacement drum to drum and spring pad location. It has a 3.54 ring & pinion,trac lock posi unit,New Yukon 30 spline axles with green bearings installed,4.5" bolt pattern. It has backing plates for 10" brakes, u-bolt style front yoke and a chrome cover, Ready to go just add brakes and oil.
Measurements ,best I can get with a tape measure are as follows
Drum to Drum/where wheels bolt to axles 57 1/8
Flange to Flange/where B-plates bolt on 51 3/8
Center to center of leaf spring pads is 43"

What do you guys think its worth - going on the seller's statement above?

Best I can guess its from a truck - 30 spline axles. Do you think this would be a good deal for my Duster and would it hold up to the "eventual" big block I plan some day to install?

Waiting for pictures from seller.

Please be honest I'm trying to figure if I should pick it up this weekend or pass on it.

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks

heres a few on racing junk
Dana 60 Rear
.$700.00
Dana 60 rear with 4:88 Richmond gears, JVD brakes, 1/2 studs, 4 link. 40" totor to rotor, Stange axle and spool, located in eastern PA
Seller Phone Number: 6107300488

This item is USED

Trades NOT ACCEPTED

Payment options:

cash at time of pick

Item Location: CENTER VALLEY, PA

Dana 60 for sale
.$800.00
Chevy single wheel Dana 60 front end. 373 gears open carrier complete brake hoses, calipers and spring mounts to install.

$800.00

Seller Phone Number: 6086069356

This item is USED

Trades NOT ACCEPTED

Item Location: LA FARGE, WI

DANA 60 Rearend with 410 gears
.$300.00
Dana 60 rearend with 410 and 411 gears.
Seller Phone Number: 270-427-0792

This item is USED

Trades NOT ACCEPTED

Payment options:

cash

Item Location: TOMPKINSVILLE, KY

hope this helps

It's probably worth the $700 he's asking for it (he has several ads running for it).

I was considering it myself but I need to have one that is narrowed. It's going to cost around $2k to have on built and shipped.

OK from what I've been able to find out (not much) it appears to be from a truck. The pictures he sent were helpful but only show numbers off the gussets: 60 = Dana 60 model and the C-30255 ends up when searched leading to jeep & 4 X 4 sites.

Looks like a peg leg to boot not the "track lock posi unit" in the ad. What do you guys think?

Thanks for replies, I'll probably have to pass and stick with plans to go w/9"

Looks like a peg leg to me.jpg

Bump up.

Seller replied it is from a 70s Ford Truck as per what he was told when he acquired it. It has never been run since shortened/built. And, he said a trac-lock carrier unit looks similar to an open carrier. Asked for another picture with the ring gear turned 1/4 turn more and from the opposite angle so I can see what else is there.

Probably going to pass because the 30 splines. And, I thought it was a needle in a hay stack from the "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" efforts back in the day. Still not sure?

Deal in the works on a complete "original" a-body, 8-3/4, 3:55's, suregrip, drum to drum, with springs for $800.00, from an ABO member - "thanks A Body Only Forum".

-
Back