Dart and I almost met our Waterloo

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
The Dart and I damn near met our end! The intersection right in front of Red Tomato Pies and Movies to Go here in Williams Lake (4 way stop)... I was making a left handed turn and a big Chevy blew the stop sign! I don't know why but I slammed on my breaks instead of punching it to get out of the way.

By the time she stopped the truck her front bumper was TWO FEET from my driver's door! I mean the center of her bumper would have connected with the center of my driver's door!

I continued my turn and the lady took off! When I stopped at 7-11 (which ir right beside Movies to Go) some people came up and said they seen the whole thing and one person called the RCMP to report the pickup! Scared the living piss outta me!

It's possible, it also could have simply been a mistake. Believe it or not, traffic accidents existed before cell phones. The also happen to intelligent people as well as stupid people. lol...

Very happy to read that nothing happened beside the fact that you could have used a roll of Charmin! :thumbup:

Glad to hear you and the car are OK. You just never know when somebody else will make a mistake, but you can try to prevent your own.

I swear some days people are just plain out to get you and glad to see you beat the rap this time.

yeah living in the land of newlyweds and nearly deads has it's challenges , they always pull that crap when I'm driving the cuda and not the 77 grand prix beater or their would definitely be fewer of them around Victoria , 5000lbs of full frame steel is much better suited for dealing with these no driving ****'s than my 3200lb unibody Cuda . Riding a motorcycle during the eighties taught me to protect myself and expect the worst from the drivers around you .

Women ALWAYS have the right of way, even when there's a stop sign! Glad things didn't turn nasty for you.

yeah living in the land of newlyweds and nearly deads has it's challenges , they always pull that crap when I'm driving the cuda and not the 77 grand prix beater or their would definitely be fewer of them around Victoria , 5000lbs of full frame steel is much better suited for dealing with these no driving ****'s than my 3200lb unibody Cuda . Riding a motorcycle during the eighties taught me to protect myself and expect the worst from the drivers around you .

Hey that's where I live!
"Newly weds and nearly deads"

The old men and young women always haulin *** and doin stupid ****.
A past life of motorcycles definatly makes all the difference in what you notice out on the road.

Glad you're ok.

Glad you didn't get nailed!

I was almost on the other end of that yesterday.
I was in the Commander headed West doing 40mph and was approaching an intersection where I didn't have a stop but the North/South road did. Out of the corner of my eye I catch a newer Beetle heading south and the woman just completely blew through the stop sign at like 20mph right in front of the Jeep!! I had to jam on the brakes and was literally like 2 or 3 feet from nailing the back of her car!
And of course, like the woman in your ordeal, I watched her glare at me as she continued her turn heading East, like it was my fault.

This may make me seem cynical but I kinda wish I would've clipped the back of her. At worst it would've sent her into a spin and scared the hell outta her and hopefully taught her a lesson. At best, possibly totalled the Jeep and her insurance would be droppin the coin for a new one! lol

This may make me seem cynical but I kinda wish I would've clipped the back of her. At worst it would've sent her into a spin and scared the hell outta her and hopefully taught her a lesson. At best, possibly totalled the Jeep and her insurance would be droppin the coin for a new one! lol
Thats not cynicality, thats poetic justice!

I had the same thought go through my head. Granted most likely I'd be in serious trouble in the hospital if she had :p

I've been in MULTIPLE car accidents but never as a driver. I have always been the front seat passenger.

Glad you didn't get hit.
My girlfriend's daughter asked me if driving was hard. I said no. I find it easy and enjoyable. The only thing that makes driving hard is having to drive for the idiots on the road. Like the woman who ran a stop sign. While I'm slamming on the brakes and hitting the horn. She flips me off!! Wish it was legal to pull people out of their car and beat them.

-
Back