Dart GTS Custom sill moldings question

-

Joey4speed

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My 69 GTS currently has no sill molding.
I know the pencil style sill molding was standard on the GTS, but my fender tag is stamped "M25" which I beleive translates to "custom sill moldings".
Before I search for them, I would like to know exactly what it looks like.
Im thinking it is a wider molding than the standard thinner type.
Does anyone know or have these?
Thanks
Joe

Last edited:
I don't know where you got that information but M25 IS the standard "pencil" style molding. There was never any other style of molding for a 69 Dart GTS. Here is a picture of Dart moldings. The one on the left is for 68-69 Dart, the molding in the middle is the typical Camaro molding that everyone uses because they are readily available, the molding on the right is the later Dart molding.

First Turbo two download 966.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. Good info HemiSS.
I wrote it down when I saw it listed as "custom sill molding" and thought it was odd. Maybe it was called "custom" because it was optional on all other darts? Idk.
I do have that thinner molding but need to figure out how they mounted it. My guess is they used clips and 1 screw from underneath in the front?

They mount with blue plastic clips available from Mr G's and a screw at each end.

Thats more good info, never heard of Mr Gs here. I see website, looks good. We are always looking for clips of all kinds.
I guess Ill have to measure up the mounting location with an existing Dart.
Thanks again

-
Back