dart swinger fender brackets- interchangability??

-

73SwingerBuild

Reaction score
Im looking to buy some fender braces from a member here (the ones that mount from just in front of the front tire on the fender to the frame) but I just wanted to verify that these brackets were interchangable between a 71 and a 73 dart or duster before I bought them (already have them lined up). He said they were 12" long and about 3/4" wide. Can anybody verify this on their own 1973 (or similar vintage) swinger?
Also, does anybody have any pictures of these brackets on their car? I can't seem to find any online.
Thanks all for viewing. I appreciate it.

-Mike

I measured the brackets from my '73 Dart Sport, '71 Demon, and '71 Duster. The brackets are all the same, measuring 12" Overall Length. 11" from Bolt Center to Bolt Center (the end at the fender is slotted for adjusting the bottom of the fender in or out)

3/4" Wide at the Slotted Eyelet/End, 1/2" Wide at the other end (frame mount eyelet), and the tube/round portion measures about 7/16"

Thanks dusted. As I expected, it looks like they are all the same. Anybody have any pictures for reference purposes?

I'll get some pics during my lunch break.

I also wanted to add, that when i said "Frame mount" I actually meant Bumper Bracket, because the rods/brackets bolt to the bumper brackets. Sorry if it was confusing.

-
Back