Dart vs. Duster upper cowl

-

cascius

Reaction score
I've been working on my '70 Dart very slowly for quite a while now. Over the weekend I was stripping paint and got up to the front cowl. After grinding over an inch of mud out of the passenger side I found that at some point in it's life it appears something has fallen on it and they drilled holes for a slide hammer to try and pull it back up. In my opinion the only way to correctly fix it would be remove the entire upper cowl and put a new one on it. Due to the extent of the damage I don't think it would be worth fixing.

My main question is are the upper cowl (outside area you see between hood and windshield) on a Dart and a Duster the same? If so, are there differences in years or A/C vs. non-A/C that I need to look for. Just trying to find what I need without having them side by side. Thanks FABO.

The cowl itself will interchange between the Dart and Duster. There is no diffferance between AC and Non AC. Differant years might have holes in differant places that you could weld closed but they are interchangeable.

Cool. Thank you. That's what I was thinking but didn't have the two side by side to actually measure and compare. Looks like it's time to start cutting.

-
Back