Dart window felts anyone replace these?

-

moparblood

Reaction score
76 dart sport got new felts with no snap clips.
called manufacter he said to screw these on.
anyone ever do this?

Unless that are that way from the OEM (Mopar) I would not screw them on.

I replaced the "cat wiskers" ( between glass and door) on my 67 dart. The ones I bought had the clips just as the OEM.

Here are the cat wickers I installed.

Left and right are repos, center is OEM
I used the set on the left as it more closely matched the OEM ones

IMG_20200328_160954.jpg
IMG_20200328_160904.jpg

Last edited:
Unless that are that way from the OEM (Mopar) I would not screw them on.

I replaced the "cat wiskers" ( between glass and door) on my 67 dart. The ones I bought had the clips just as the OEM.
I have a 76 Dart Sport and a pair of 73 Duster doors. The felts are attached with screws.

All the ones I have seen had clips. I refused to screw mine on, scared they could scratch the glass. I used some clear silicone and a whole bunch of binder clips to hold it in place until the silicon cured. Worked great.

Way back in the dark ages I bought a couple different sets of so-called reproduction cat wiskers for my '67 notchback. Not really good repops at all.
I saw in Restoration Specialty Supply's catalog they had the correct profiles.
Called them up and we made a deal. I sent them my originals and they made copies using the correct profiles. They installed the correct clips in the matching locations. They've held up well for 20 years.
A lot of more is available these days but there's a lot of not very accurate replacement parts as well.

-
Back