Dash Caps Discontinued? Or 67 vs 68?

Mopar Interiors

1. dartslantsix

dartslantsix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:56 PM
    I want to buy a dash cap for my 67 Barracuda. I can't find them listed anywhere anymore (Dante's, Classic Ind). The only place I can find caps is Ebay and they are for a 68.
    Have they been discontinued?
    Will a 68 cap fit even though it won't look correct?

Thanks.

2. HemiSSDart

HemiSSDart Dartus Interuptus

Local Time:
    2:56 AM
    One of the worst products of all time, I hope they did go our of business and the supply is depleted. Each year 67, 68, and 69-76 are different. Do yourself a favor, save up for a dash pad from ABC Moparts...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • A56

A56 MoParAffliction FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      12:56 AM
      Just checked them out and there's a note that they are out of stock for '67. For '69 Barracuda through '76 Dart also out of stock.

• moparmat2000

moparmat2000 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      1:56 AM
      Try the dash pad factory in El Paso. I bought a repop one with an ABS frame was a blem. I could not find the blemish. Vinyl and padding were nice and soft. It fit great, and they gave me $20 for the old one as a core. A 69-76 one will fit your 67 it will look slightly different than your 67. Only one that's really different is the 68 one that needs to meet up with lower pads.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • RedFish

RedFish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        The turned down ends of the 68 pad and cap are cut shorter to join those 1 year only lower pads. The 68 cap will lay on the pad. I put a cap in our first 67 fish years ago. It was the 69 up type so it didn't have the little 67 definition line in the top of it. Difficult part was getting the correct color red on it. It fit fine, lasted for years, looked a lot better than the cracked cap under it.
        You could watch for sale listings or post in parts wanted for used pad or cap. If you buy a 50 yr old pad, be very careful with it. A bump or pinch could crack it.

• famous bob

famous bob mopar misfit

Local Time:
        I didnt know there was a diff. , I bought a cap oiff ebay , for my 68 fastback , it was/is perfect !! Would buy a set of lowers if they werent so darn hi ------

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.