Dash Pad Question? What do they fit?

-

hemi71x

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anybody out there in the A body world, tell me what car(s) and year these dash pads came out of?
They have been in the back end of the closet for ages, and i now would like to put them up for sale, but i honestly don't know what I've got.
I think the blue ones are a top pad, but clueless what i pulled them out of decades ago.
And what are they worth, in this day and age?
Thank's a lot.
hemi71x
Jim V.

A Body Dash Pads 002 (Small).JPG

A Body Dash Pads 001 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
I believe that 69 - 76 A body are all the same. 68 A body is unique as it had a lower pad, I believe the lower ends of the upper pad are different than 69 - 76 as they mate up with the lower pad. 67 A body is also unique, it is an upper only but has a depressed relief that runs the length of it on the top edge closest to the driver, not closest to the windshield.

It is hard to say what year those are, can you post a few close up pics?

These of any help?
Are all 3 of them TOP pads from various years?
Dash Pads 2 003 (Small).JPG

Dash Pads 2 004 (Small).JPG

Dash Pads 2 005 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Top pad is A-Body 69-76 the two others are not A-Body.
They have gotta be Mopar.
I NEVER dabbled in anything but Mopar stuff at the U Pull It's, which became Pick-n-Pull's here in Northern California, except for Kelsey Hayes 4 piston disc brake calipers, on Ford products.

I just pulled them out of the closet again.
They ARE both Mopar pads.
They have the very faint Mopar penstar emblem paint stamped on them both, but the part numbers have been obliterated a long time ago.

Ok then, on the top pad.
Anybody care to throw a figure at me, what one of them might be worth, + -.

Anybody think the 2 can be "B" body pads, say from 66-67 Satellite's or Charger's or something of that era?
Look familiar to anyone?

Last edited:
Didn't say they weren't Mopar pads, just not A-Body. Looks like some B-Body pads I have seen, but I only care about A-Bodies...

Well, honestly, if they are nice and crack free, at least $100. Probably more, but the market is small. I would gladly have paid that for one when I was looking. The only option for these are a cover that slips over top. I have one of those as well, but they just don't look the same. Maybe whip over to FBBO and see if any have been up for sale recently.

Ya, they are in very good shape.
Probably had them for the past 30+ years.
Thank's for the heads up.
I will follow up on FBBO.
Jim V.
hemi71x

The blue a body one, the color
Is it a flat blue or pearl sheen metallic to it

The 69-76 one will also fit 67. I replaced my tortured one year only 67 one with a 69-76 one

the black one and the blue one like it do look like 66/67 B body

66/67 charger pad is deeper, for the record, because of the different gauges used.
A non Charger pad will bolt on, but will not shield the gauges from sunlight.

The 66-67 charger gages look pretty at night lit up too with that electroluminescent glow setup they used.

The blue a body one, the color
Is it a flat blue or pearl sheen metallic to it
Heck, i don't know what color blue you would want to call it.
All that i know is it's a blue.
Good enough for me.

As far as the two "B" body ones go, i guess i will advertise them as 66-67 Coronet, and Satellite dash pads over on FBBO and see what happens.
The "A" body one I'll do the same on this site, after i figure out how i would want to package it up, to survive the trip from point A, to point B, from either the USPS, or FEDEX, boys and girls.

$100.00. Going rate at the swaps. $150.00 - $200 for a mint pad. $20 if it's a core. The top pad looks to be good for driver quality

-
Back