Dash Pad Removal

-

bob7four

Reaction score
How does the dash pad come off in a 69 Barracuda? I must be overlooking something and I am sure it is right in front of me.

Has 2 sceews in the lower corners and about 9 nuts up under the rear facing edge of metal dash. From underneath the dash . HAVE FUN !

How does the dash pad come off in a 69 Barracuda? I must be overlooking something and I am sure it is right in front of me.
"Dash pad... right in front of me..."
:rofl:
Actually, there's 7(?) studs attached to the back of the pad's core.
1719018077492.png

You have to get up under and behind the dash frame (removing things like the instrument cluster, radio, glovebox and maybe the heater controls helps immensely) and using a combination of nut drivers, sockets with universal joints and extensions, and an abundance of four letter words; unfasten the nuts and the pad will pop off.

Also, pull the gauge cluster, heater controls and glove box liner out.
It makes life sooooo much easier reinstalling and actually know that I think about it… taking it out.
Syleng1

Nothing is easy with these antiques :wtf:
These are easy compared to new garbage.
They seriously expect you to pull the cab on Chevy trucks for injector issues, and Ford durn near requires it for most any work on a PowerJoke diesel... talk about a PITA.

I have a picture somewhere that shows all the mounting points I took for another member and circled all the holes I can't seem to find it on my phone. Let me look on here and see if I can find it.

Found it! That was quick lol here you go. The ones marked studs along the top take a nut on the back and the 2 on the sides are self tapping screws. Like mentioned removing the gauge and everything in the dash makes it alot easier to get to.

Screenshot_20200926-094028_Gallery.jpg

Keep in mind when the factory designed this they were not thinking anyone would even be replacing these. They installed them with the complete dash assembly out of the car.

Alan

No thanks my wife has the Honda. I have been restoring this car for 6 years and I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel... Is it an oncoming train?

Don't know your age, but if you're as old,stiff, and fat as me, it won't be an easy job. Also, the next day you'll feel like you were run over by a truck!

-
Back