Dash Pad

-

CRUZE 418

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can the Dash Pad be removed without removing the dash, or windshield?
'72 Dart

Okay. Just broke a pad cover that I bought over a year ago, will have to eat it, I will bet on it. So after reading about others and the problems that they are having, was thinking about having it upholstered. I just had about everything under the dash out and reinstalled it not knowing that this was going to happen.
Thank you R R Al !

Next winter project. It's ready to start the new engine and do some driving.
Thanks again Al.

IMG_4737.jpg

A friend of mine just recovered his with vinyl. Stretached it around with heat , Looks good . I didn't believe he did it until he sowed me pictures.

The pad is easily removed. Drop the column down from the dash 4 screws and 7 fasteners , No reason to remove it from the Box. Remove the cluster and the glove box . There are 5 nuts you will need a 3/8 socket on across the top . The hardest one to get at is in the center above the heater control use a deep well with a extension . Also two screws on on each side that will be either 1/4 inch socket or phillips screw depending the year

I RnR'd the one on my 68 Coronet, many years ago. Nut sizes were probably what OMM quoted. 1/4" drive is yer friend. I do remember several different extensions, a swivel, and some choice words...

I am going to drive it for the summer. This winter, I will pull the front seat, and remove stuff as necessary, it has A/C too.
I have the info and tools to do it now. The ambition will come later!
Thank you again guys!
Oldmanmopar
Ironracer

-
Back