Dash paint removal

-

TheTecher

Evan the jeeper.
Reaction score
My dash has a few layers of paint on it, can I use paint stripper to remove it or will that damage the plastic. The stuff I have is kinda mild, I think it would take off a few layers of spray paint.

Thanks Evan

I don't think I would use stripper of any kind on plastic stuff......if it is that bad sodablast? or some soft media....if you rough up the surface you can always sand it back....if you melt it with stripper you are lookin for another piece

Easy Off oven cleaner will remove paint from plastic and shouldn't harm it. I used it on mine no problems. Do a test area on the back side first to be sure.

The professionals sink the plastic in Purple Power or Wesleys Bleach white.
I have almost 60 dollars worth of the Bleach White in my vertical soak tank. Mine was meant for repeated use though. I'm not suggesting you go to similar expense. Oven cleaner will work. If you strip what little paint is found on the illuminated side of a instrument bezel...
Just more to correct again.

I recently discovered a products I found at Lowes and it worked quite well compared to solvents or harsh chemicals. it's not super fast but it took the paint off down to the vacuum plating. Smells good too.

Attachments

• LiftOff4.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 150
  • StrippedBezel.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 161
-
Back