dash vent covers

-

cuda guy

Reaction score
Hi all
I hope this is in the proper section
We have a 68 cuda that was a race car it has a 440 with fender well headers
I plan on driving this car on the street so I have started rewiring the car
The car has no heating or ducting we are planning on installing a small electric hot rod heater
But my issue should we cover the 2 upper dash vent holes or is there a vent system that would be best to use
Thanks for ur help

I would "think twice" about eliminating the vents. They are 'nice' on a hot day. Do you have the driver side airbox, so that you know what it is?

Options as I see 'em

1....Make a disk to cover the holes from the bottom, use a small piece of angle to make a "T" bolt, work the angle up in, put a nut below

2...Use stock air box on left, plug the pass side

3...Try to find ultra rare "heater delete" air box

4...Modify drivers side airbox to fit pass side

5...Modify early Mustang air box to fit. They have a cable controlled butterfly

See this thread

heater delete general questions

Rare "heater delete" pass side box

fresh-air-box-01-medium.jpg

Mustang air box. I cut one down so only the butterfly is left (look where the pivot is) and mounted on the driver side of mine. This was done for extra clearance as that is where the fuse/ relay panel is mounted, as well as Holley EFI module

01935B_STD.jpg

a2ufdk-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
LOL I do not have it connected yet. The car is still not assembled, and I'm on my second round with broken ribs.........which are not healing correctly since mid August.

That was the intent, a short cable perhaps a foot long down below the dash

I would "think twice" about eliminating the vents. They are 'nice' on a hot day. Do you have the driver side airbox, so that you know what it is?

Options as I see 'em

1....Make a disk to cover the holes from the bottom, use a small piece of angle to make a "T" bolt, work the angle up in, put a nut below

2...Use stock air box on left, plug the pass side

3...Try to find ultra rare "heater delete" air box

4...Modify drivers side airbox to fit pass side

5...Modify early Mustang air box to fit. They have a cable controlled butterfly

See this thread

heater delete general questions

Rare "heater delete" pass side box

View attachment 1715698817

Mustang air box. I cut one down so only the butterfly is left (look where the pivot is) and mounted on the driver side of mine. This was done for extra clearance as that is where the fuse/ relay panel is mounted, as well as Holley EFI module

View attachment 1715698818

View attachment 1715698819

Thanks guys

Where do I find the Mustang heater vents or a pair of drivers side air boxes

You can buy the Mustang ones "repop" which is where I found the photo Mopars are used--where you find 'em

-
Back