Dash wiring pics please .....So I can see how the factory harness is routed properly. Mine is going

-

moparhunter

Reaction score
If someone has a picture of a complete Dash (rear view) So I can see how the factory harness is routed properly. Mine is going back together but I’ve taped the harness and I feel I’ve done it wrong in spots. Looking to verify what’s proper. Thanks in advance

I'm not sure which years, but some of the factory service manuals have them diagrammed, that is drawings simulating a photo of the rear of the dash. You'll have to download several 69-70-72 from MyMopar

The path should be evident as it is marked along its path by a series of large "clips" that retain it. From the firewall connector it follows the right side of the column support to the back edge of the dash where it forks to the left and right. The short length with fuse box goes to the left and to the left kick panel. You should see the tab where the fuse block mounts. The long length goes the right and ends near the kick pad. Just follow the line of clips on the bottom of the dash.

Not sure if the '69 FSM has those. Worth a look.
The book of reduced assembly drawings from Faxons has all that info.
The routing and connections are not all on one drawing.
IIRC the main harness is on one, and various connections are on others.
I've posted a few examples. Lemme see if I can find some.

there is a 69 dart OEM dash harness for sale on ebay. Those pics may help with some of the tape out locations.
If you ever do this again, lay and pin, and mark/label the harness connectors on a board before you remove the tape. You can mark exactly where tape starts and ends so tape outs reach to where they go.

My review of Faxon book, 1967-1969 Dodge & Plymouth Body & Electrical Assembly Manual

Here's one I've cleaned up a bit for my own reference.
Where it says 'E' series is model year 1969
Where it says 'L0' that means Dart, all. (when convertables, hardtops, and post cars are different they will be L something else)
upload_2021-5-10_8-25-14.png

My review of Faxon book, 1967-1969 Dodge & Plymouth Body & Electrical Assembly Manual

Here's one I've cleaned up a bit for my own reference.
Where it says 'E' series is model year 1969
Where it says 'L0' that means Dart, all. (when convertables, hardtops, and post cars are different they will be L something else)
View attachment 1715735556

This book is a worthwhile investment. Was a great help in installing the harness in my '69 Cuda. There are many pages that apply - depending on which options you have..

Thx all for the help , strangely my dash doesn’t have the three “ clips “ over the instrument cluster to hold the harness .

It’s not the original Dash, but it is an original 69 Dart dash Hmmmmm

That's because its a Dart. LO
Barracuda routing is below marked BO, Barracuda all.
Valiant routing goes up to the top. I cropped the image so it's callout is cut off

The double square indicates a critical assembly.

-
Back