Dealer installed radio?

-

jazak5

Reaction score
Anyone know about a dealer in installed am/fm 69 barracuda radio badged as Chrysler?

3961.jpeg

Post the eight digit part number and someone can probably tell you exactly what it goes to.

That's a 70 radio.
For a dart or duster with the rally dash only.

The rally dash for 70 was a one year only frame that was mostly a carry over from the 69 barracuda but with differences in the key hole location and provisions for a rotary glove box latch that was mandated in 70.

The radio hole and mounting stayed the same from 69 to 70 then changed in 71.

thats the story I got when I questioned the "Chrysler" instead of "Dodge/plymouth" on the radio face and the black buttons with the barracuda mounting

Side profile Pic? I believe C bodies were VERY similar but had a slight angle back on the front face of them.
thats the story I got when I questioned the "Chrysler" instead of "Dodge/plymouth" on the radio face and the black buttons with the barracuda mounting

"Dealer installed radio" can also mean that the dealer grabbed a unit out of one car and placed it into a lower optioned car.
We had several take out head units from various models sitting on the self.
You'd be a amazed at the number of people who would insist on our removing hi end AM/FM/CD players for plain jane AM/FM radios.

I've been restoring MoPar thumbwheel radios for 25+ years.

68-69 B bodies have black push buttons and a brace stud on the rear, around the corner from the antenna hole. Barracuda has the stud on the bottom cover, using the holes stamped "B".
All 1969 and 1970, except Dart, have the "CHRYSLER" faceplate. (Including Barracuda and 1970 Duster 340)

Yours appears to have the 68-69 Barracuda / 1970 Duster 340 chrome bezel and flat clear lens mounted to a 68-69 B body chassis.

DSCF0595.JPG

-
Back