decal placement

-

bananayellow

72demon
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me where the proper location is for the "do not wash or oil" decal? does it go on the air cleaner cover itself or on the body of the air cleaner. This is for a 1972 Dodge Demon 340.

Just my gut...
If the top of the air cleaner is a pie tin, it would go on the side of the air cleaner base.

If the top is not a pie tin it would go on the side of the top. (Like the commando 4bbl air filter)

Here's an original '72/73 dual snorkel.... crooked as requested..
aircleaners 008.JPG
aircleaners 018.JPG

alright that is helpful. thank you! now what about this? the "electronic ignition" sticker, where is it supposed to be located. My 72 came with the factory electronic ignition.

That's all the post '70 I do.. LOL.. someone else will have to advise from here!

'72 Dart, 318. Right behind the washer reservoir

20210220_184933.jpg

Is the electronic ign sticker the chrome sticker that was on the drivers valve cover?
I have never seen one available. Sorry, just looked for the ign decal, don't think that I have seen that in my engine compartment, and mime was pretty orginal. The one on the v cover was emissions.

Last edited:
Is the electronic ign sticker the chrome sticker that was on the drivers valve cover?
I have never seen one available. Sorry, just looked for the ign decal, don't think that I have seen that in my engine compartment, and mime was pretty orginal. The one on the v cover was emissions.
hmmm.. yes it is chrome about 1' x 3' and only says Electronic Ignition

I'm out in the shop, there isn't one on my car. May have been damaged and removed at sometime before my ownership. Picture of air cleaner. Sorry!

16177618213761380532038.jpg

I did take a look at Mega Parts for the electronic ign decal, so I know what it looks like. Maybe we will see a car at a show and find out where it goes. There are no '72's around here that I know of. My Dart was built in Nov of '71, maybe the decal showed up later.
Take care.

Here you go:
Came off a 1974 Dart Swinger, 5 pin Electronic ECU, brain box.

20210406_221425.jpg

20210406_221452.jpg

That looks correct, so many ign modules have been changed out that you forget what they were originally!
Have to get one of those, that's why I could not find the decal, my car doesn't have the original ign module.
Thank you!

-
Back