Demon dash boards....???

-

62BT409

Reaction score
The Demon seems to a mysterious vehicle....I have 2 pictures both of a 1971 and each with a different dash. Can someone explain?

4.jpg

P3200034.jpg

One is a rallye dash and the other is standard.

Thank you....then I can assume that a regular dash can be swapped out for a rallye dash.

It can be done but its a major chore. Wiring harness connectors are different.

that scraps that idea. what ever happen to life was or is supposed to get easier..??

The first dash is a rallye and came in the 340 cars for 1971 only.

The second is the standard dash for the rest of the demons, including 1972 340 cars.

You can put the rallye in a std dash, it takes some work.

I will search for any threads that might give suggestions or the facts from someone who has performed this surgery

If you had a donor car with the rallye dash in it, why couldn't you just transplant the entire dash frame, harness, connectors, gauges and all other parts into the other car? I have also been told that it is possible to use the rallye dash setups from 67-69 Barracudas in A-Bodies with the standard dashes. You would have to fill the ignition switch hole in 67-69 dash frames and the lower pad holes if you used a 68 dash frame but it should be possible. 67 Barracudas used a similar knob style radio like the 71's did but I think 68-69 used the thumbwheel type radios. Were there Rallye dashes in A-Body 340 cars in 70?

Joe

-
Back