Demon Package Tray Install

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a new package tray for my 72 Demon.
I don't recall, because it's been awhile, but is there insulation that goes down first..? Also, my new tray doesn't have slots for the retainer clips... What am I missing..?

Thanks,
John

1215221617_HDR.jpg

1215221617a_HDR.jpg

Insulation under the package tray. The tray should fit at the rear window seal as you have it, the front corners fit under the pop out window interior trim piece and the back seat when placed in will hold the very front of the package tray down.

Insulation under the package tray. The tray should fit at the rear window seal as you have it, the front corners fit under the pop out window interior trim piece and the back seat when placed in will hold the very front of the package tray down.
Do you know what those clips at the front are for..? The insulation..?

1215221617a_HDR~3.jpg

Look like the same clips that hold a door panel on. May be to hold insulation in place. May be to hold package tray in place. Maybe someone just stuck them there, otherwise, 340wedge is right.

I have a new package tray for my 72 Demon.
I don't recall, because it's been awhile, but is there insulation that goes down first..? Also, my new tray doesn't have slots for the retainer clips... What am I missing..?

Thanks,
John

View attachment 1716022583

View attachment 1716022584
There is an insulation padding that you can put down. I installed the one in my 70 duster with out it. It sits a little higher on the sides due to no insulation but its barely noticeable.

As far as retainer clips mine didn't have any either, it sat on top of the teeth that held the head liner, and then the window side gets the rear window seal over the top edge. The front of it sits below the rear seat frame so I'm assuming that's all that would be needed to hold it in.

-
Back