Come on guys
torque is a measure of twist here in the USA Foot/pounds
how many pounds of twist using a one foot lever
trick is to capturing the rotating force
so a hydraulic coupling can be used with adjustable load aka "water break"
or a generator with a rheostat load
write it down using a tack or let the computer do it- same difference
nothing to do with one stroke, etc

Yea, well, anyways, since were talking about stroke(s), I like to stroke it once in a while.....
:lol:

I had a friend who had a 69 Z-28. It was a great car, it was pretty fast, it sounded good, and it revved up nice and high. At 302 cubic inches, I believe it was just a destroked 327. I realize that people build stroker engines for more cubes, torque and HP. I was just wondering if there was anybody out there destroking Mopar engines. Other than higher revving (if that is, in fact the case), would there be a reason to?
There was also a 5 liter formula car class in the seventies, referred to as Formula 5000 (or Formula A?) I believe it was AAR who built a Mopar engined car and by a tachometer being mis-wired tested it to 13,000RPM! THat is the only reference I can remember to this engine or car.

There was also a 5 liter formula car class in the seventies, referred to as Formula 5000 (or Formula A?) I believe it was AAR who built a Mopar engined car and by a tachometer being mis-wired tested it to 13,000RPM! THat is the only reference I can remember to this engine or car.

There’s a Formula A website that tracks these cars by serial number and manufacturer.

There was also a chassis with a 305 Mopar that Tarozzi and Junor put together for the Questor Grand Prix. Had fuel injection setup that Keith Black built. Swede Savage wrecked the car big time and put in hospital.

View attachment 1715122418 Nascar did have some larger destroked Hemis over the years. 390 something also sticks in my mind, but that may have been in drag racing and/or Nascar.
But one of my favorite "destroked" stories is when Dick Brooks almost won a race (Daytona?) with the basically 305 Trans-Am small block in his Daytona wing car.View attachment 1715122415
I found someone who claims to have the Block of the motor from this car and is selling it for 5k

I found someone who claims to have the Block of the motor from this car and is selling it for 5k

Expensive souvenir. Don't know who might be interested in such an item, eccentric collector or if it would be useful to the original car. Just a bare block, it would need some specific, verifiable markings that would identify it as specifically from that Daytona. Then, was it a test engine, spare or actually raced at Daytona. Not to devalue it if it is, but I bet the actual race engine was built to the very edge of of the cubic inch limit and any overbore would technically make it illegal. I wonder what the actual car ended up with. It has been restored. More questions!

those motors were sent to Mario Rossi from Keith Black by Bob Tarozzi. It was a trans am motor from the year before.

Not sure if I have any memos on that. But I was told that from Bob.

-
Back