Did ya know

-

onehellofadart

Reaction score
According to MSD you should not use a degree'd timing light with a MSD ignition system. You should use a plain Jane timing light with a degree'd balancer or timing tape. The combination of the circuitry of the ignition box and the degree'd light gives you false readings.

onehellofadart said:
According to MSD you should not use a degree'd timing light with a MSD ignition system. You should use a plain Jane timing light with a degree'd balancer or timing tape. The combination of the circuitry of the ignition box and the degree'd light gives you false readings.

No kidding? For once in my life a cheapie version of a tool I own is the one I need!
Now all I gotta do is install the MSD distributor & 6AL..... :roll:

No kidding. I was in search of a new timing light. Called Summit racing was going to order a nice digital light. Told tech I was going to use it to install a MSD distr, 6al, and blaster coil. he said"hmmmm, let me check on that I think that won't work" He put me on hold for 5 minutes came back and said his supervisor just got off the phone with a MSD tech who said to use a plain Jane light w/out advance. Said the combo of the 6 box, coil and advance light will give off false readings due to the conflicting impulses. He said use plain Jane cheapy light and degree'd balancer or timing tape on balancer for true reading. Why don't they tell you this in install instructions, I don't know. :scratch:

-
Back