Difference between 6 cyl and v8 fan shroud?

-

71DodgeDemon340

Reaction score
whats the difference between the 6 cyl and v8 fan shroud? Will the interchange? I can get my hands on a nos one but i was wondering if it would fit on the 22” rad with 18” blade and v8

Really? Lol that easy? What about the offset? Will i have to adjust the radiator? Also is there a difference in the years? I think the one thats available to me is a 67-69 a body

lol,yeah. It corrects the offset and no adjustment to the radiator. I think the 67-72 is pretty close to each other. Will he let you compare it before you purchase?

/6 is off set to the right and v8 is offset to the left or vice versa. The engines are offset in the engine bay because our steering is on the inside of the DS frame rail.

/6 is off set to the right and v8 is offset to the left or vice versa. The engines are offset in the engine bay because our steering is on the inside of the DS frame rail.

I gotcha, right now my current shroud is offset to the pass side, the narrow side of the shroud is on the pass and the wider side of the shroud is on the driver. Are the /6 and v8 shrouds same top and bottom? If you flip the /6 shroud will the ribs still line up?

I believe its a 71 shround

Its a repro shroud i believe fits 70-72?

Is there different shrouds for size fans?

Last edited:
Be careful trying to run a flipped slant six shroud on a V8 radiator. The arch in the shroud may interfere with the transmission cooler fittings on the radiator.

-
Back