different spring seats for SS springs?

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
hey guys,

Im doing some suspension tuning/adjusting and may have to go to SS springs depending on how everything works. I was looking in the mopar performance catalog and they have spring seats like what i have, and then a different part number for springs seats for SS springs...whats the difference between the two? If i want to go SS springs, do i need to torch off my old seats and put these new ones on, or can they work with the ones i have?

thanks
Matthew

I bolted mine right up to a regular old 7 1/4 and again to a B-Body 8 3/4 without changing anything.
-Jon

no perch change, though if/when you find out the pinion angle is crap...then the new perches will come in handy for the cut'n'roll.

so i understand i can use my stock seats...and yes pinion angle will be changed, ordered some shims and they are wrong, so i might just be redoing the seats

but physically, what the heck is the difference between these two different part numbers for spring seats? if the ss springs work with stock seats, why are there seats made for SS springs?

you're gonna have to show us the part #'s cause I don't see 2 diff pearches, and if so ...doesn't make 1 diff about it.
it's a 3'' axle tube and a leaf spring, get the 1 you need #4120074 and forget the other...

-
Back