Digital sheet forming

-

subcom

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’m convinced our hobby is going through one of its most innovative moments or can take advantage of innovative tech. This is getting exciting.

I’m convinced our hobby is going through one of its most innovative moments or can take advantage of innovative tech. This is getting exciting.

I have seen a couple of those videos, pretty cool stuff.
The pinching methods and machines are pretty killer too.

I think it will work great for prototypes and small runs. The problem is cycle time for high volume production. 65

I think it will work great for prototypes and small runs. The problem is cycle time for high volume production. 65
I agree. You caint beat stamping for high volume and speed. But I tell you, I'm slam impressed with this new technology. It's not gonna do anything but help. It's badass. Perfect for one offs or small production runs.

True. But there is no high volume production of Mopar a body sheet metal or any old hot rod sheet metal I’d bet. Maybe AMD stamps their sheet metal parts but it ain’t production volume stuff like a modern vehicle.

Imagine if you had a market like AMDs without the molds and stamps. Your inventory could just be big rolls of sheet metal and CAD models and you could form parts on demand. Eventually this technology will make it to the desktop level and be affordable for the hobbyist, fingers crossed, but it has to run its course.

Imagine if you had a market like AMDs without the molds and stamps. Your inventory could just be big rolls of sheet metal and CAD models and you could form parts on demand. Eventually this technology will make it to the desktop level and be affordable for the hobbyist, fingers crossed, but it has to run its course.
When AI arrives maybe??

-
Back