Dipstick for deep pan 727

-

AlaskaJeff

Reaction score
What is everyone using for a dipstick when they install a deeper than stock pan on their 727? Also after you pull the pan and button it back up, what's the standard capacity for a refill, 5 quarts + whatever the deep pan adds? I believe my pan is a 2 quart add. BTW I did NOT drain the converter. I know they hold a significant amount of fluid too.

It will still be at the level the trans likes if that makes sense.

Like Halifaxhops, said...full is full...no matter how deep the pan is. The dipstick measures fluid level
at the top of the trans pan, not inside the pan.

Thanks for the quick clarification fellas.
One more quick question. The top cap of my dipstick is broken away from the shaft and the PO has a bunch of tape wrapped around it... Is there a good source to replace just the dipstick? The tube isn't leaking (surprised) so I don't want to mess with replacing the whole thing if I can help it.

I had the same problem, broken off trans dipstick handle. I fixed it by taking measurements of the ID and OD on the tube, as well as the width and thickness of the stick. Then I went to the pick-n-pull and got one from a van that was way too long but otherwise matched up. I cut it off to match the old one, scratched new low/full marks on it and solved the problem for a whopping two bucks.

I had the same problem, broken off trans dipstick handle. I fixed it by taking measurements of the ID and OD on the tube, as well as the width and thickness of the stick. Then I went to the pick-n-pull and got one from a van that was way too long but otherwise matched up. I cut it off to match the old one, scratched new low/full marks on it and solved the problem for a whopping two bucks.
Check with Mancini Racing. Many great MoPar parts including dipsticks.

Check with Mancini Racing. Many great MoPar parts including dipsticks.

All good , but no help if u dont have room for a stock dipstick tube , and have to use an aftermarket flexable set up . = guessing game so far .

-
Back