Dipstick question

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Will the dipstick that came on my 360 out of a truck with the truck style oil pan (rear sump) be compatible if I use a car pan (center sump)? Or do I need to buy a new one? This is a street strip car, so I was wondering if i should upgrade to a locking dipstick while im buying a new one. Any suggestions?

Costanza!!! I don't have an answer to your questions but this will get you to the top again. I love your Avatar!!

Costanza!!! I don't have an answer to your questions but this will get you to the top again. I love your Avatar!!

LOL thanks man! Costanza is a legend! and the jerk store episode is quite epic! lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpNPw4H6_tU"]YouTube - Seinfeld - Jerkstore[/ame]

change oil, put it correct amount, start, shut. Then mark the dipstick where the oil is at.

change oil, put it correct amount, start, shut. Then mark the dipstick where the oil is at.

so the truck dipstick is not too long then? Im just concerned with it being too long to fit the car pan properly. If I can reuse it and just mark it, that would be great

-
Back