Disappointed with ACC carpet

-

Greasyfingers

Reaction score
I just unboxed the carpet for the cargo area of my barracuda. I wanted to lay it out to have it ready to install this weekend.

Boy am I disappointed. The quality sure has gone down. I bought my a complete carpet kit from them many years ago and is definitely of better quality. I'm almost thinking about trying to dye it. It's just faded, but not all crispy and crunchy.

The new carpet doesn't even have a finished edge around the filler tube.

Is there any other carpet manufactures out there? I might just send this back.

I just unboxed the carpet for the cargo area of my barracuda. I wanted to lay it out to have it ready to install this weekend.

Boy am I disappointed. The quality sure has gone down. I bought my a complete carpet kit from them many years ago and is definitely of better quality. I'm almost thinking about trying to dye it. It's just faded, but not all crispy and crunchy.

The new carpet doesn't even have a finished edge around the filler tube.

Is there any other carpet manufactures out there? I might just send this back.

Sad to hear!

I got mine in 2013 and still looks fantastic After installation In 2014. All I expected and more!

IMG_20200611_195417655.jpg
old
IMG_20200611_195326215.jpg
new

Was @RPM440+6 involved? He's a dealer for ACC. That's why I go straight to him with my interior needs. I tagged him. Maybe he can help.

That doesn't look ideal... I'm sorry they delivered such a terrible product. I just put OER brand carpet in my car a few months ago and I like it very much. It feels nice and is molded to the shape of the floor. You just have to cut the extra material at the edges and it fits in nicely! I would definitely try to get your money back from ACC.

I order it from OCautocarpets in So. Cal. Definitely some quality control issues. When i unrolled the carpets there was an extra carpet piece for the side with the filler.

I'm.the guy that usually doesn't give a ratz azz about trim and interior but I had great luck with a one man band carpet guy out if Chicago. I'll try to get his name....reasonable prices and top notch work. He does a lot of car shows.

ACC was always good....sorry to hear this

Wow! That is poor!

is this ACC premium or some discount knock off?

I got a carpet from ACC for a 72 Duster. It was crooked, the pad was at an angle, and the top of the carpet was cut at an angle, making it too short on the passenger side. The formed part of the carpet was not close and needed a lot of work to even look well. Got it from Legendary and came in a ACC box.

I contacted ACC via email last night and they referred me back to the dealer that sold it to me. I sent them an email this morning, so I'll see what they say about it.

ah, I miss the days of having an actual auto upholsterer right in town.

I got all of my ACC carpet from profit auto interiors in Alabama. Everything was spot on perfect!

There seems to be several versions of ACC product available and they are not equal.

Last edited:
I bought a full set of ACC carpet on sale through Rick at Laysons. He posted it on FABO and I grabbed it. I was very happy with it...but that was 7 years ago!! Quality could have gone down.

Hopefully the dealer will replace it for you.

I bought a full set of ACC carpet on sale through Rick at Laysons. He posted it on FABO and I grabbed it. I was very happy with it...but that was 7 years ago!! Quality could have gone down.

Hopefully the dealer will replace it for you.

Agree, that almost looks like JC Whitney garbage. At first look I thought it was dead animal!

They are sending me a new left side panel. After I set that bad piece aside everything else seems to okay. I wish the backing was a little heavier, however the loop matches the passenger area. The passenger area isn't getting changed, since it still looks as good as when I installed it over 20 years ago.

ACC sent me a replacement for the unfinished left hand piece and another for the right. Not sure why they sent both pieces, but the new one is more like the one took out.
IMG_20200624_170411806.jpg

After doing a bunch of research for a "premium" molded carpet, I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that ACC's plant in Alabama is the source for 100% of the molded carpet regardless of where you buy it. They are the sole source manufacturer meaning it's their way or the highway. I hope that somebody is going to set me straight and point out another source. If they are the only source, you might as well get the best price that you can. They only other option would be to go with a stitched product instead of a molded one.

My beef with what they are selling is primarily that the carpet wears out so quickly, like around the gas pedal. One of my 70 Darts has the factory carpet still in it (I touched it up with spray carpet dye about 20 years ago) and frankly its in as good a condition as the ACC carpet that I put in another Dart 7 years ago.

-
Back