Disowning Family Members

-
My best friend and her husband had agreed to buy his father's house after he passed, for market price. This would have kept it in the family and kept prop taxes at prop 13 levels (1500-2k/yr) She sold her current house, to buy deceased FIL's house.
Husband sisters insisted they were being cheated, it was worth more, voided the sale, and demanded it was put on the market.
Best friend was forced to buy a different house.
Best friends FIL's house finally sold...... for LESS than my friend and husband had agreed to pay.
Sisters lost a couple thousand dollars each, thru greed.
My best friend pays $6000 in prop taxes, EVERY YEAR, as a direct result of her husbands' sisters greed. So, underwater in a house that has to have been refinanced twice, and out an extra $45,000 in prop taxes.....so far.
Best friends husband hasn't spoken or had contact with his sisters in years.

Almost forgot to mention....
Best friends' nephews' baby-daddy broke into best friends home while they were on vacation,(maybe with niece/baby-momma's key) and stole about $50k worth of stuff, sold it for $3000, and put it up his nose.
Nephew supposedly STILL doesnt "know" why his dad spent a couple years in prison, he thinks it was for drug use, I guess.
Nephews' baby momma forbade the family to actually tell him what a complete piece of **** his father is.

Why in the h@ll they agreed to that is beyond me. If he should ever ask me.... he'll get the truth.

I guess their true colors were shown, think you’re doing everything right and still get in a pickle. You definitely got a reason to be pissed! Been in on afew inheritance deals that we had concerns about and it all turned out ok, but you never know. I would imagine your folks are rolling in their grave, like I said earlier, keep your chin up!
Greed is a terrible thing.

-
Back