Distribution block question.

-

73_Dart

Reaction score
Okay, I have drum brakes on my 73 dart swinger. I bought a parts car with disc brakes, it is a 74 dart custom. The rear will still be drum bakes, just the front will be disc. I was wondering if the distribution block is the same in both cars as the look the same. Im having troubles getting the block out of the parts car and that is the main reason im asking, because it would be alot simplier to just use the one already in my car if its the same.
Thanks in advance.

You will need the unit off of the disc brake car. Your drum brake block will not work with your disc brake setup. Sorry for the bad news. Using a set of line wrench's always makes for an easier removal of rusted lines. Use some PB Blaster on those lines as well. The proportioning valve, the unit on the disc brake car, is made of brass so you shouldn't have to hard of a time with the correct tools as the lines shouldn't be rusted fast.

That is what I thought, but I wanted to make sure before I wasted time taking it off. I have been soaking it in a really good spray. I forget the name of it, but you cant buy it from stores. I guess I will get back to work then on it. Hopefully I can get it off and soon.

-
Back