distributor

-

MOUSE

Reaction score
anyone heard of a double life dist. by mallory. is it any good? any tips on a dist. for my modified /6.:glasses7:

Look inside: 4 lobe cam? Points? RUN I'm not even sure you can get parts for them, anymore

Should be two sets of points in it running against a 4 lobe cam, one set makes the contact and the other set breaks the contact to fire the coil, each set of points only did half the work so they were supposed to last twice as long. Parts are hard to get and expensive for them. There's really not much to be gained over a single point distributor once you factor in the cost of tune up parts. Go with the factory style electronic ignition, you'll be light years ahead.

if it has a cam lobe of half the number of cyl and has two sets of points. one set of points fire half the cyls, and the other points fire the other cyls. the trouble is if the points are not syc to gather you have half the cyl firing at one degrees and the other firing at a different degrees. this WILL destroy the piston. i had one on a 413. the points kept slipping throwing the degrees off, it destroyed the pistons.

anyone heard of a double life dist. by mallory. is it any good? any tips on a dist. for my modified /6.:glasses7:

I have one actually. Never ran it though. Honestly I think you would be ahead to use a factory electronic distributor. Parts arent available for these anymore.

-
Back