DIY HEMI Wiring Diagrams

-

woody_3

Reaction score
Fellas,
I'm starting on the demon project. Build thread is yet to come, but I picked up a wrecked 2007 chrysler 300. Got the engine out and harnesses pulled. I have heard that DIY Hemi had some wiring diagrams at one point. I reached out to them and they no longer provide those as they are trying to sell harnesses only. Does anybody have these wiring diagrams that are referenced on here in other threads? Any and all help is apricated!

Any luck with this? Its easier i guess to spend the $1500 for the wiring kit.

I ended up buying the Hot Wire hot rod harness and computer. Hours and hours with the factory harness with no positive results and within less than an hour with the Hot Wire harness, the car was running! My issue now is that I want to use the Dodge Ram instrument cluster, but don't know exactly how to do that with the Hot Wire harness. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'm all ears.

I ended up buying the Hot Wire hot rod harness and computer. Hours and hours with the factory harness with no positive results and within less than an hour with the Hot Wire harness, the car was running! My issue now is that I want to use the Dodge Ram instrument cluster, but don't know exactly how to do that with the Hot Wire harness. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'm all ears.

I wish to heck I was younger and had more stamina, I'd darn sure tackle some of this. Only advice I can say is "buy a factory manual" (or find a download, there are a few of these on the net) which covers the factory harness/ ECM you have

It's foggy but I remember discussions that the security crap can screw you up in some vehicles

And I know---I KNOW--the factory diagrams SUCK

I have a PDF file that I don't remember where I got it from, called "06 Dodge Wiring" It has easy to follow wiring diagrams in it. here is a screenshot of one of the pages. Not sure how to share the whole PDF though.

06 wiring.jpg

I have a PDF file that I don't remember where I got it from, called "06 Dodge Wiring" It has easy to follow wiring diagrams in it. here is a screenshot of one of the pages. Not sure how to share the whole PDF though.

View attachment 1715833470
Can you post the exact file name? Maybe it's on the internet and can be found. There are various "drop boxes" you can set up as the manuals in my previous post. They are not mine, I just found them

Can you post the exact file name? Maybe it's on the internet and can be found. There are various "drop boxes" you can set up as the manuals in my previous post. They are not mine, I just found them

My file is named "06-Dodge-Wiring.pdf" but I probably renamed it that when I got it.

Can you just carb these and run some sort of distributor? 36-1 + EDIS-8 + Megajolt? No cylinder drop or VVT or security nonsense needed.. GEN 3 Hemi challenged...but willing to dip a toe in.

Can you just carb these and run some sort of distributor? 36-1 + EDIS-8 + Megajolt? No cylinder drop or VVT or security nonsense needed.. GEN 3 Hemi challenged...but willing to dip a toe in.
You can carb. One way is with the MSD Hemi 6 controller. Has some nice features. Prefix/Arrow has a distributor conversion. All inclusive kit. It even puts it in the "correct" position for a Hemi. Comes with plugs for one of the spark plugs because they're two plugs per cylinder. They still make good power after being"dumbed" down.

..........Or put 3rd party EFI / ignition like Megasquirt/ Holley EFI etc

As enticing as that sounds, it kinda goes against my initial question. Dumb it down and carb it. My 1UZFE 32v Toyota V8 has a cool intake that just begs for a carb on top for a hemi plug looking rat rod. Looks like an old Offy 360. Has 2 4 plug distributors, one on each bank. Would look kinda weird running 2 x 4 banger mechanical distributors....

You can also find some of the wiring information on Autozone. I found connector pinouts there for my upcoming harness rebuild. You have to make an account and add the car you are looking for to your "garage" on the site, but after that you can look at some service info stuff on it and sometime they will have the wiring diagrams.

Turns out that the factory system went into security lock out. That's when I said screw it and dropped a wad to get the stand alone system from Hot Wire. I then went with an electronic cluster from Intellitronics.

So here I am, still screwing around with these electronics. Intellitronics instrument cluster that won't work with my HotWire efi setup. Anyone know how to make the Intellitronics tach work with the HotWire tach wire. Chris Squire said I needed to get this SGI-100BT unit to make the tach work. Nope, more money wasted. I had to get an electronic GPS speedometer drive so I could have a speedo. Also more money wasted. I'm getting tired of this crap not working with each other and virtually no answers from the companies that are supposed to know. Anyone out there have any experience with how to make this crap work?

So here I am, still screwing around with these electronics. Intellitronics instrument cluster that won't work with my HotWire efi setup. Anyone know how to make the Intellitronics tach work with the HotWire tach wire. Chris Squire said I needed to get this SGI-100BT unit to make the tach work. Nope, more money wasted. I had to get an electronic GPS speedometer drive so I could have a speedo. Also more money wasted. I'm getting tired of this crap not working with each other and virtually no answers from the companies that are supposed to know. Anyone out there have any experience with how to make this crap work?
I did a hemi swap and after the megasquirt Goldbox disaster I went with hotwire wire harness and reflash of 2004 pcm.
With the hotwire harness he gives you a tach signal from 1 coil. I run my old factory tach with this little module I bought off Ebay. It's pretty cool, it will work on just about anything and it's accurate. You have to play with it to get correct output. Instructions included.
UNIVERSAL TACH ADAPTER / CONVERTER, COP-1-2-3-4-5-6-8-10 cyl to any 4-6-8 Tach | eBay

I had same issue on my swap, I ended up going with Dakota Dash and some of their interface components. You bought a good system Chris is good people.

-
Back