Do These 8 3/4 Rearend Measurements Look Correct ??????????????????

-

duster360

Reaction score
Do these measurements look correct, if so I am going to drop the rear off to be cut down using these dimensions, so I want to be sure they are correct.

8 3/4" rear end widths, drum-to-drum:
A BODY
'66-'72= 57 1/8"

A BODY 8 3/4 flange to flange is 51.400"

axle pad to axle pad is 43"

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong...

You likely got the flange to flange from the POS chart that's been floating around for years. Someone needs to nuke that pile o'crap. Shorten it to that 51.400 length and you'll be really unhappy when the axles don't want to fit right

Flange to flange is 52 5/8

The rest of the numbers are fine.

If you can't tell, that chart is a huge peeve of mine and screwed up more than one rear end over time!

Thanks for the info crackedback. Yea, it would make sense to delete that chart before it happens again. That is why I posted so I could be sure before the work started.

Also are the axle tubes supposed to be equal length on the 8 3/4" A body rear?

Doctordiff told me that the drivers side axle is 1 3/8 (or 1.375")longer than the passengers side. And when I order a set of stock offset axles, that is exactly what he sent me, This was for a Dana 60 though. I do not see why the offsets would be any different.
Good luck

Doctordiff told me that the drivers side axle is 1 3/8 (or 1.375")longer than the passengers side. And when I order a set of stock offset axles, that is exactly what he sent me, This was for a Dana 60 though. I do not see why the offsets would be any different.
Good luck

I just bought a set of Yukon axles from Dr. Diff and they were both the same length. Only the Dana requires different axles because of the offset pinion.

Here is a picture of my stock length A body axles.

Dartbrakes024Medium.jpg

That measurement chart is on BBD and Moparts, I don't know why someone doesn't correct it, or delete it!!!

-
Back