Dodge ever make chain drive heavy trucks?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Somebody posted this over at YB...........I'm not talking about the TIRE chains, look at the sprocket inboard of the front duals...........

39298807_1838273699559634_6921119190803808256_o.jpg

I knew some of the big old heavy / off road / logging etc "stuff" was chain, but never knew Dodge........or is this something homebrew?

some rear suspension/drive set up's for big trucks were produced by different company's than the truck brand, such as hendricks and rockwell and eaton and page & page an marmon-harrington! if you really want to know more in detail post your pic and ask here American Truck Historical Society - ATHS

Yeh I'm aware. What I was thinking is this likely is not a factory setup, maybe "home done"

Del, FWIW I looked through McPherson's "The Dodge Story" (Crestline Publications, 1975) pretty carefully and saw no mention of any chain-drive trucks around that period of time.

Wild and crazy thought...............rather than jack shaft into rear differential to drive rear axle, connect rear duel to front duel with a chain to drive............WWWAAAYYYYY back in 1962 when family went cross country in 59 Edsel station wagon(the original family truckster) on vacation I saw lots of the big trucks going up/down the road had the rear duel set driven with a v-belt

Wild and crazy thought...............rather than jack shaft into rear differential to drive rear axle, connect rear duel to front duel with a chain to drive............WWWAAAYYYYY back in 1962 when family went cross country in 59 Edsel station wagon(the original family truckster) on vacation I saw lots of the big trucks going up/down the road had the rear duel set driven with a v-belt

!!HUH!! Well, no kidden!!

d873c819-d3ed-42c0-91e8-c792.jpg

-
Back