does anybody have a rebuild write up for a /6?

-

eviper21

Reaction score
im gonna rebuild a /6 but wondering if theres a write up or a book or anything just so i can have the measurements and how to set the timing and what not.

ive rebuilt a turbo'd 4 cyl before so im not to ignorant. but ive never even touched a motor with a carburetor and a mechanical fuel pump.:wack:

so lemme know please! thanks

go to slant six.org-- search the site-- numerous articles for the slant-- great info--- many ideas to choose from .Lawrence

If you get a factory service manual for the year of the engine, it will have all of the info you need in there to rebuild the engine.....

Folks oftentimes criticize the Haynes manuals like those you find at your local parts stores. All I can say is that I never had seen the inside of an engine in person before starting a rebuild project with my son on his slanted '74 Dart Sport. After having a little machine work done (bored 0.030 and valve job), we put the entire engine back together ourselves with the use of a Haynes 30050 manual (and a lot of questions here at FABO and slantsix.org). We found the manual to be very comprehensive well detailed, with plenty of photos of critical elements. As they say, "To each his own." As suggested, you should also consider finding a Factory Service Manual (FSM) if possible.

Don't be bashful, either - ask questions here or do some topic searches at slantsix where they have a decent archive of articles specific to the leaning tower of power.

Jerry

-
Back