does it exist?

-

bd1155

Reaction score
As a kid in the early 70's working in a service station[thats what they used to be]in Roswell New Mexico. I had a customer,traveling salesman I think, who used to come in about once a month.He had a beautiful gold 2 door Fury III with a 426 Hemi with 2-4's and auto trans.I think it was a 70 model. I have thought of this car often 'but have never seen or heard of one since then.Did such a beast ever really exist or did I dream it?

You probably saw a 440 car with a six pack on it, that said, doesn't mean someone couldn't have swapped in a Hemi

NO,my uncle owned a hemi Dart at the time and my family were all Mopar fans.I know what I saw,just don't know if it was factory original.

I bought a new 70 Valiant duster 340 in spring of 70. I jokingly asked the salesman "whats the biggest motor I can get in the car?" His answer was, Hemi! They would dealer install a 426 and take my 340 as part of the cost. Now I don't know if he would but he did offer!!

Right. It didn't come from MoPar. either it was a 440 Six Pack, or somebody swapped it in. Not factory.

Did it look like this?

Attachments

• 70chr_hurst_1s.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 214
  • 70chr_hurst_2s.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 70chr_hurst_3s.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 209
I would love to have one of those cars sitting around for pleasure use!!!!

Me too! Talk about a comfy high speed highway flyer....

As I said this was 40 years ago,but that sure looks alot like I remember,Thanks.

That was a Hurst special edition and was only out in '70 IIRC. Everything I can find on it says single 4 bbl 440, but these cars were built by Hurst out of house, so anything is possible.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFivB25qA0k"]1970 Chrysler Hurst 300 edition - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOclOHqYcfg"]1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst Edition auto restoration Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

I would love to have one of those cars sitting around for pleasure use!!!!
the guy who stored my brother's Ram SRT-10 at his place a few winters ago had two of 'em sitting there...
(oddly enough, it's a guy someone brought up on fabo one day because they heard about a big Mopar collector around Drumheller lol)

If someone built it then yes it do. A guy in are area had a 69 furyIII with a 426 hemi four speed and his brother had a 61 caddy with a 426 hemi in it. Mark
As a kid in the early 70's working in a service station[thats what they used to be]in Roswell New Mexico. I had a customer,traveling salesman I think, who used to come in about once a month.He had a beautiful gold 2 door Fury III with a 426 Hemi with 2-4's and auto trans.I think it was a 70 model. I have thought of this car often 'but have never seen or heard of one since then.Did such a beast ever really exist or did I dream it?

-
Back