!!DOH!! It's the POTENTIAL monster as opposed to

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
......an actual "monster" LMAO. Ya know I jus' don' git 't. Are these people ACTUALLY this stupid, or are they POTENTIALLY this stupid?

By the way the photos may not be the "actual" photos, but the ones "I" had in "my" "potential" dreamworld

http://kpr.craigslist.org/cto/4535221621.html

And NO, fellow readers, this is NOT my ad..........

4x4 Monster (potential) for trade (MF)

I have a 1985 Tercel 4x4 wagon that has the potential to be an awesome off-road rig, but I don't have time to mess with it, and I'm looking for a more family-friendly car, (i.e. my family will still be friends with me when they have to ride in the car).

Right now the 'yota is my daily commuter car, but it needs a few things. Carburetor needs adjustment after I put a new carb on and pulled egr equipment off. AC is present, but needs to be routed into the belt pattern, and probably charged. Transmission is buggy, but I have a spare that goes with the car ($300-$600) value. 4x4 works great, though, engine is strong, wiring is all there. Has a sun roof even.

I am looking to trade for a family car, 4-door, preferably with a manual transmission. I would also be interested in an extended cab truck, again, prefer manual trans. I have some other stuff I'm willing to throw in, like bows (hand made wood bows, very awesome and functional) some power tools, an antique Briggs & Stratton motor.

The non-camo car is my car, and the camo car is what I wanted to turn mine into, but haven't had time or resources. email or text is the best way to reach me.

Attachments

• tercel1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 257
  • tercel2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 246
"I have some other stuff I'm willing to throw in, like bows- hand made wood bows,..."

Actually they're sticks...and string. But I can potentially see them being awesome and functional bows. Like for Kodiak bear hunting and all.

I'll tell ya whut. If you are down to tradin an "antique Briggs and Stratton motor" for a car to drive, you ain't got much, LMAO

So what's the problem? Three pictures are of HIS car, the one he's sellin. The fourth, the camo car is what he wanted to do with it. How's that wrong?

I'm not sure I understand the whole posting of this CL posting. WTH is the guy trying to do here trade this POS to someone for a more "Family-orientated" car? Not to mention he says the "yota" needs work too?

I don't get it!?

So what's the problem? Three pictures are of HIS car, the one he's sellin. The fourth, the camo car is what he wanted to do with it. How's that wrong?

C'mon Rob, COME ON. This guy isn't selling "his car" he's selling (well trading) a POS, let's add it up......

It does not run.

It can't pass WA, OR, CA, or any other state's emissions

. I'm looking for a more family-friendly car,...................I am looking to trade for a family car, 4-door, preferably with a manual transmission. I would also be interested in an extended cab truck, again, prefer manual trans

The above plan would be OK if he actually had money, something to trade that anybody would want or even that ran

. Carburetor needs adjustment after I put a new carb on and pulled egr equipment off.

No. The carb does not need adjustment, Rob, and you and I both know that. It's got more serious problems, not the least of which is removal of state and federal smog gear

.. AC is present, but needs to be routed into the belt pattern, and probably charged.

We both know this is bullshit. He has a POS that doesn't have the correct belt(s), idler(s), or other equipment, otherwise it would all be hooked up and working.

Transmission is buggy, but I have a spare that goes with the car ($300-$600) value. 4x4 works great, though, engine is strong, wiring is all there. Has a sun roof even.

So, it's a Heathkit car. I'd bet money the sun roof leaks.

I have some other stuff I'm willing to throw in, like bows (hand made wood bows, very awesome and functional) some power tools, an antique Briggs & Stratton motor

See? No money. OK, I don't want your imaginary ****, your "awesome wannabe" monster 4x4 or whatever it was gonna be. I don't want "it" period. But neither does anybody else.

As sad as it is to say his dream car...the camo car is an improvement...LOL

BUT the camo dont work cuz I can still see the POS

As sad as it is to say his dream car...the camo car is an improvement...LOL

BUT the camo dont work cuz I can still see the POS

LOL. Hows' the new job, etc, ya all moved in and doin OK? Finally cooled off a bit here, was in the high 90's F I think today is high 70's low 80's

LOL. Hows' the new job, etc, ya all moved in and doin OK? Finally cooled off a bit here, was in the high 90's F I think today is high 70's low 80's

Hey Del, Im in the Sarnia, ONtario area now....4th job in 15 months...LOL, but all have been an increase in quality etc etc. Im just on the outskirts of Sarnia, in Camlachie. Right on the shores of Lake Huron about 4 hours from home(Lakefield)...Lori came here this past weekend and loves it here. My turn to go home upcoming weekend.

Smoking hot here today too...high 80's...pretty cool sitting on the shores of Lake Huron looking out and seeing nuttin but water. Ive been taking pics, I'll post some up in a thread once I get enough interesting ones...LOL
Cheers!!

Looks like you are a "lot" closer to civilization.....or mebee you didn't want to be, LOL Hope this one works out

I was just driving around Lake Huron, earlier today, LMAO

Attachments

• heron.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 182
I wonder if I can go down to staples and buy a pack of printer paper
then offer him the cash value of it, if I have 600 sheets in a pack, and you can print 6 "10 dollar bills" per sheet that stack has the POTENTIAL of 3600 bucks
sure, its not the paper they usually print money on, and it might be a federal offence to print money, but between that and the AC routing it seems a wash (much like the aforementioned sunroof will turn out to be)

Looks like you are a "lot" closer to civilization.....or mebee you didn't want to be, LOL Hope this one works out

I was just driving around Lake Huron, earlier today, LMAO

LOL, great pic Del!! Looks like a "still shot" from the show The Beachcombers....I will post some tomorrow. Way closer to civilization, with just the right amount of privacy.....

LOL, great pic Del!! Looks like a "still shot" from the show The Beachcombers....I will post some tomorrow. Way closer to civilization, with just the right amount of privacy.....

No, Google maps, LOL The other day I was "driving around" someplace in Europe!!!

It's a free country. He can put a pile of dog poop for sale on CL if he wants to.

It's a free country. He can put a pile of dog poop for sale on CL if he wants to.

Yeah, but at least advertise the pile for what it is not what his vision is.

Hey, I've got a '69 Super Bee. It has the potential to be a 500 cube, five speed beast that'll move the Earth when it hooks. Just needs quarters and floor pans. Plus the 500 inch engine, the five speed, put back together. All yours for the low low price of $50K. You'll have to build it, but my vision is worth the money!

And you have to admit, there's nothing about the car in the ad that even remotely speaks of being a "monster." Camo paint doesn't make a "monster." That's like saying if I painted my Cub Cadet with camo it'll be a "monster."

So, is this your car, Rob?
You're sure defending the dude a lot.
Not that i don't agree with you, it's usually like you to roast ads like this one.
Just sayin'........
You can't fault the guy for trying.

-
Back