DON’T BE FOOLED!

-
If anyone needs any real world information. I've had these heads on my AMX for 3 or 4 years. With these heads, stock block and off the shelf parts you can make a reliable 650 to 680 hp. Our AMX is living proof of it.

I had a new best 1/8 mile yesterday.
[email protected]. Full mph faster than previous best, 1100 foot of air!
565 lift flat tappet cam, flat hood, 3330 with me. Bloomer heads.
Unfortunately, the car layed down bad trying to run it 1/4 mile. Replacing the extremely dinky electric fuel pump I have on it will be first order of business in the offseason. Should have swapped it off last off season, but any more I virtually never run the 1/4, and it makes it that far fine.

Last edited:
I had a new best 1/8 mile yesterday.
[email protected]. Full mph faster than previous best, 1100 foot of air!
565 lift flat tappet cam, flat hood, 3330 with me. Bloomer heads.
Unfortunately, the car layed down bad trying to run it 1/4 mile. Replacing the extremely dinky electric fuel pump I have on it will be first order of business in the offseason. Should have swapped it off last off season, but any more I virtually never run the 1/4, and it makes it that far fine.
You should try a Magna fuel 500. If you do let me know. I have a spare Alcohol carb that you can try. Just to see how your car reacts to it.

John passes away (pittsburghracer) and these fellas throw their hat in the ring. These guys have been doing their homework as well and are getting great results. The technology continues. I am impressed at how well the Speedmasters can be massaged into top notch performance heads. Someone needs a tool path to reproduce these with accuracy and consistency. Not saying that can't be done by hand but at what cost. Let a machine do the duplication.

John passes away (pittsburghracer) and these fellas throw their hat in the ring. These guys have been doing their homework as well and are getting great results. The technology continues. I am impressed at how well the Speedmasters can be massaged into top notch performance heads. Someone needs a tool path to reproduce these with accuracy and consistency. Not saying that can't be done by hand but at what cost. Let a machine do the duplication.

There are those of us who have been posting on here about these heads for about 3 years now.
The guy talked about in the original post with the trick flow/ bloomer car I posted about on here a few months back.
I am just glad, as hard as it was to convince people how good these heads were, that the word is finally getting out.
Rod and Vic have produced a great product.

Not really a apples to apples comparison, your head is a fully ported Speedmaster bare head, how about taking a bare Trickflow head and giving it the same level of porting.
Boosted kinda did that. He sent his trickflow heads out and had them ported a little and larger valves put in. I don't remember what he was running e.t. after but is was somewhere in the low 50s maybe even the 40s. I am personally running high 50s - low 60s with out of the box trickflow's.

PXL_20241005_202215186.jpg

John passes away (pittsburghracer) and these fellas throw their hat in the ring.
I wonder how these heads compare to John's ported version. We know John was all about track performance as well.
Is there any flow data available for the BPE.

Not really a apples to apples comparison, your head is a fully ported Speedmaster bare head, how about taking a bare Trickflow head and giving it the same level of porting.

Actually both are CNC ported heads.. the Trickflow is a CNC ported head.
There are several guys running 9’s with these heads in pump gas street cars. I haven’t heard of anybody running remotely close to that with trickflows.
Heck, even my very conservative street strip car with a small flat tappet cam shows 602 horsepower on Wallace based on time slip.

I have a head porter local to me that's very good. People come from all over the country to have him do work. He did my slant 6 closed chamber head. He says all of the import heads he's seen and done the castings are pretty high quality. He agrees the details could be better, but the castings themselves are pretty darn good. Jerry Killian is his name. Killian's Porting Service in Warner Robins, Georgia.

My car has been 5.84 @ 116.6 mph. That's at a race weight of 2870. It's flat top pistons and a unported Super Victor. If you figure up the hp with the Wallace Power Speed Calculator. That's 707 hp. There's very few conventional heads out there making that kind of power.

20240810_170903.jpg

My car has been 5.84 @ 116.6 mph. That's at a race weight of 2870. It's flat top pistons and a unported Super Victor. If you figure up the hp with the Wallace Power Speed Calculator. That's 707 hp. There's very few conventional heads out there making that kind of power.

View attachment 1716317988
Purdy dang stout!

Actually both are CNC ported heads.. the Trickflow is a CNC ported head.
There are several guys running 9’s with these heads in pump gas street cars. I haven’t heard of anybody running remotely close to that with trickflows.
Heck, even my very conservative street strip car with a small flat tappet cam shows 602 horsepower on Wallace based on time slip.
The Trickflows are a entry level street head, not a max effort porting. What has been done to the SM casting should also be able to be done on the Trickflow with close to the same results. I'll let you know, I just purchased a pair with this in mind.

The Trickflows are a entry level street head, not a max effort porting. What has been done to the SM casting should also be able to be done on the Trickflow with close to the same results. I'll let you know, I just purchased a pair with this in mind.

If I take your opinion for fact, then nobody should have any reason to buy Trickflow heads. For the 500 or so difference in money. The performance difference is night and day.
It would take way more money than that to duplicate the level of performance, and personally I don’t see that happening.
Vic Bloomer is probably the sharpest small block Mopar head guy I know, and he spent several years making this port. I will believe it when I see it.

Like I've said in other post. Theirs lots of good head porters out there that can work wonders with SBM aluminum heads. The thing about the BPE heads is that you can buy them, have them shipped direct to you. Take them out on the box, install them on a properly prepared short block and make over 650 hp.

Like I've said in other post. Theirs lots of good head porters out there that can work wonders with SBM aluminum heads. The thing about the BPE heads is that you can buy them, have them shipped direct to you. Take them out on the box, install them on a properly prepared short block and make over 650 hp.
Yep.
The other thing is Rod and Vic include speccing, setup, install the springs etc, set up specifically for the exact cam you intend to run. No guesswork involved as to if this or that will be compatible. True bolt on deal.

Trickflow will never be as good a the Bloomer heads. TF is a 550-580, maybe 600 HP.

from what i have seen the Bloomer heads are no brainer. if i wasn't deep in the W8-9 world, my engine would have a set of Bloomers making well over 700 HP.

I think that these are really good heads based on what the members that have them and what their cars run. I would love to try them but already having trickflow's already it's hard to drop another 3k to buy them. I don't know if the rocker pads were corrected compared to the SM heads or not but the SM head need a b3 kit to be correct.

-
Back