Done with the Dart

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
I am goig to sell the Dart due to excessive frustration. Motor/Trans has about 5 miles on it and something is giving loose. It made lots of noise but made it back under its own power with no leaks or excessive heat. Im done with this. Any ideas offers I still have all the build specs and the original motor for parts swap but it would all have to go. 70 .030 over,new pistons/rods,crank turned .010 new bearings,new cam (specs in garage),lifters,oversize valves with 340 springs,oil mod on block,new pump,dist which had been redone to motor,lots of porting to match aussie gasket and matched to hurricane intake with holley 390,trans has stage 2 shift kit,driveshaft cut and balanced to the 8 3/4 with 394 sure grip in fair cond. new motor mounts,coli and whatever it takes to make it run. Crager wheels 15x10 back 15x8 front in great shape.fiberglass front fenders and bumper and a new chrome rear. Plus carpet kit in back,rr wndw defrstr iin box,elect trunk relaese,new chrome rear or front arm basses,sound deadner for new speaker shelf. Lots of extra stuff. Done spending all my free time on this just to have somethig like thid happen. Very discouraging and I dont want to start again. Open to offers

Attachments

• PICT3461 (Small).JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 490
  • PICT3469 (Small).JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 489
  • PICT3470 (Small).JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 503
  • PICT2543 (Small).JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 506
  • PICT3468 (Small).JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 508
  • PICT2439 (Small).JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 499
  • PICT2441 (Small).JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 498
hey man i think you should hold onto it. your frustration is setting in..i felt the same way about my cuda one time, but some people on this site talked me out of it...and i thank them for it...put it away for a while, take a break and come back to it...maybe yank out that slant 6 and put in a nice running 318.....

I agree with all the other posts. Just set the Dart aside for some time and go back to it when you are ready. Selling it will only upset you more in the long run, especially if someone locally buys it, and does it all up nicely, or worse destroys it completely. Either way if you see it pass by you on the street, you will end up kicking yourself.:toothy7:

You sell it you will be kicking yourself in the *** down the road.....

This has happened to me a few times, getting frustrated, then wanting to off it. +1 to all the comments, tuck it away for a month or six, come back to it.

Look at it this way, the more you have to toil, the more you will own it when it's all said and done. The greatest things in life were not built in a day.

Great looking car man! Don't do it!

Here's some Inspiration:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2D92O66SZY&feature=related"]‪Slant Sixes go wild‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Thank you for all the positive replies. I am reconsidering. Depends if my son still wants the car or not since it was put together for him. I am letting it just sit for now. Thanks again for your inputs.:hippy2:

I am goig to sell the Dart due to excessive frustration. Motor/Trans has about 5 miles on it and something is giving loose. It made lots of noise but made it back under its own power with no leaks or excessive heat. Im done with this. Any ideas offers I still have all the build specs and the original motor for parts swap but it would all have to go. 70 .030 over,new pistons/rods,crank turned .010 new bearings,new cam (specs in garage),lifters,oversize valves with 340 springs,oil mod on block,new pump,dist which had been redone to motor,lots of porting to match aussie gasket and matched to hurricane intake with holley 390,trans has stage 2 shift kit,driveshaft cut and balanced to the 8 3/4 with 394 sure grip in fair cond. new motor mounts,coli and whatever it takes to make it run. Crager wheels 15x10 back 15x8 front in great shape.fiberglass front fenders and bumper and a new chrome rear. Plus carpet kit in back,rr wndw defrstr iin box,elect trunk relaese,new chrome rear or front arm basses,sound deadner for new speaker shelf. Lots of extra stuff. Done spending all my free time on this just to have somethig like thid happen. Very discouraging and I dont want to start again. Open to offers

Good advise here, don't do it.
Unless financially no other choice.
I miss every A Body I've had to sell in the last 2 years. I wish I had them back. (House payments)
Take a break for a bit.
Good Luck to you.

Thanks Guys were keeping it. I am going to find out what happened to this engine. Probably have to take it in but its ok Id like to have it running again. I appreciate all the helpful input.

I almost commented when this thread first showed. Glad to hear you've reconsidered. You have obviously put a lot of work into it, and it would be a shame to give that away (which WOULD BE what you'd be doing) at this point.

As others---step back, take a breath, get some guys who are "in the know" to take a second look at things.

i am going through the same thing with my 63 gt. i spend alot of my free time on it, i have invested more than just money, but sweat, and blood, and some times i get so fed up with it i tell my wife to put it on ebay for the highest bidder. She says all the same things all these fellah's are telling you here. We may not know one another personally, but we all care and have empathy and do not want you to make any mistakes we would not want to make our selves. Just imagine if many of us had no one to let our frustrations out to like our wives or our comrades on this forum. We would sell our babies for a few green backs that we would just blow on bills ,beer, or broads who didnt give a damn we just clucked our dream car for a few bucks to show her a good time. We are lucky to have our families and our friends here at FABO.

I agree with you there. Pulled the valve cover off yest on the advice that it may be a bad rocker, no luck. The top of the rockers still have the pre lube on them and there is just a small amount of oil on the back corner of the head, it still looks like I just put it on. All the push rods are in line & rockers are all good. How to check the oil pump without grenading the engine???](*,)

WOW!! I have been watching this build and I am so glad you are going to take a step back and keep it
I know it sucks to have it down and not on the road, but it was worth the wait for me.
It seemed like Victoria set for a year when I made my convertion, not as nice as yours but it was worth the wait.
Back up and just one step at a time will get it back on the road.

-
Back