Door and panel Alignment

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
I am gong to start sanding and prepping my 65 Barracuda for paint but one thing I need to take care of before that is some alignment issues.

First the front fenders are a little low to the cowl. How do you align those? Spacers?

Next my doors. Passenger side leans out from the top and in at the bottom. There is no play in it when I pull up and down and try and shift it back to the right position. The driver door has some play but it sits slightly inset to the fender but the inset is consistent down the whole door.

I don't think this car was ever in an accident if it was there was VERY little damage because none of the frame rails are bent or dinged. The car is over all very solid.

Basically I am looking for a primer on the correct way to align panels and doors.

Start with the door and align it with the rear quarter set the gap even top to bottom. You can move the door up and down in and out top to bottom from the door hinge. Then align the fender the same way to the door, you can use shims if needed. Might need to readjust the door striker pin for it to close proper.

-
Back