Door Fix Questions

-

Gandy Dancer

Reaction score
Hello FABO - On my 66 Barracuda, I would like to use the indented outer skin on my newer door, which is the white one, and the silver door is the older one with operating inside. The silver door had a dent in it that I tried to fix but I couldn't quite form it.

I was considering cutting the outer skin of the white door, and place it onto my older door. That would fix my problem. I ruched and put the white door on, and I can't get it open, but I will figure that out.
From what I understand it is quite difficult to replace the window regulator, lock, handle, etc...

If anyone has done something similar or have any recommendations please let me know, I'm open!!

Thanks FABO!!

20190809_220439.jpg

20190809_220935.jpg

20190809_223830.jpg

I recently had my 67 dart window, vent window and regulator. I was sure it would never go back in and be right. But it was not terabily difficult and it went back in easily and perfectly.

If it were me, I would work on the original door rather than use the rusty white one. I grind out the Bando and whatever fillers in there and concentrate on straightening the metal. It’s time consuming, but it’s worth learning how to shrink metal Using heat and quenching it. Some even pressure from inside the door might be a good idea as well.

-
Back