DOOR GLASS RUN CHANNEL SEALS

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
I dont know the name of these. They are the plastic with felt seals that go onto the front edge of the door glass. They are held on by white H clips. Then the glass slides into the vent window channel. Every site go on to says they are of stock. Anyone know where i can get them? I am stuck until i do. Some places say July of 21

I have been on this for a couple months now.
They are no longer in production (Mopar), has been for a few years now.
There are no reproduction ones, never have been.
A few companies have looked into it recently but have back out, no reason stated. Id' guess high up front tooling cost and/or issues related to Covid and/or China
The sites that indicated this summer were based on the companies that were looking into it (not the companies listing them).

I have checked with a Mopar restoration shop that has been in the business about 30 years, he filled me in on some details without the specifics on the companies involved. He was also not interested in selling any he may have had. I am fortunate to have a set for my current project but need a set for a friend.

Alan

Probably the same part

MN3104 - 1967-74 A-Body; 1966-70 B-Body Front Door Glass Channel Seals

IMHO.

having used the above kit... if your plastic parts are intact and the plastic liner / slide is intact refurbish it.

The kit works BUT, it is a cheap repo.

IIRC someone was showing the same strip for the rear window of a duster? ( Minus the plastic Hs

It is hard to see here but the new ones have an extra "c" flap on the sides that the originals didn't have. I feel that makes them fit too tight.
2008-06-05_002.jpg

2008-06-05_003.jpg

Alan

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why repo companies can't seem to make parts that look like the original???

What I don't understand is why repo companies can't seem to make parts that look like the original???
Those are Mopar ones in my picture, I'm not sure they were ever intended to be used in an A-Body. I'm getting ready to tear apart some C-Body doors, will be interesting to see what it has, they are originals.

Alan

Last edited:
are Mopar ones in my picture
Center ones are OEM, outer ones are repo. Black plastic H is OEM, white ones repo.

Or are you saying the the outer and white H are OEM later made mopar parts?

Center ones are OEM, outer ones are repo. Black plastic H is OEM, white ones repo.

Or are you saying the the outer and white H are OEM later made mopar parts?
Yes, the new parts are Mopar. I have another pair in very old packaging at home that are the same, will get pictures this evening.

Alan

Interesting, I bought the classic kit and it looks identical to the mopar one you show.
Do you have a mopar part number for them?
We're they pre cut or did you have to cut to fit?

Interesting, I bought the classic kit and it looks identical to the mopar one you show.
Do you have a mopar part number for them?
We're they pre cut or did you have to cut to fit?

All the trimming, notching, punching had to be done, the left one in that picture was after it was prepped to install.

Alan

If you look at the originals you will see that the guides had flocking on them as they were outside the strip.

On the others the guides are between the layers and don't have the flocking.

Alan

A couple things to note here,
1. The plastic guides are what hold the glass in the frame, not the strip. You can install the glass with just the guides.
2. The strip is just a weatherstrip, it does not need to wrap around the glass, a strip on each side will do the trick.

Alan

In the 67 parts book Chrysler list four different numbers.
A 2664954-5
B 2588800-1
C 2664914-5
C 2664980-1

In 69 the numbers were different
A/B 2932230 (both L/R)
C 2894922-3
C 2894924-5
C 2894926-7
C 2894928-9

I didn't check 68
but the 2932230 was as early as 69 and was shown in the A-Body (still don't like it)

Alan

Kevin King at Year One attempted... but Jim at DMT said he wouldn't sell them so that attempt was scrapped. MrMopar claims he has some on a boat (that were supposed to be shipped air) and has 250 in line waiting, but many think he's blowing smoke. I've been at it for a few months, but try getting a usable plastic film during Covid... I'm so close (curved and all), but in a holding pattern as I can't get the thickness that I need...
channelruncrop.jpg
windowchannelruns 359.JPG

I bought these from Dante's Auto parts.

You have to modify them using the old ones as a pattern but they work fine.

They make the window hard to roll up and down until they wear in . I've had them a while now and they work well after putting the window up and down over the last couple of years.

upload_2021-5-6_20-6-50.jpeg

? is when did you buy them from Dante's, as even the repro stock is gone everywhere. I used those for the rear flip out windows where the curve didn't matter. Yes you can make them work on the main door glass by trimming the wings off.

I bought these from Dante's Auto parts.

You have to modify them using the old ones as a pattern but they work fine.

They make the window hard to roll up and down until they wear in . I've had them a while now and they work well after putting the window up and down over the last couple of years.

View attachment 1715733891
I've had them in my Barracuda for 14 years now and they are still tight.

Alan

Funny, I thought of you(your plastic company) when the past few threads regarding these came up. Your version looks pretty good!
? is when did you buy them from Dante's, as even the repro stock is gone everywhere. I used those for the rear flip out windows where the curve didn't matter. Yes you can make them work on the main door glass by trimming the wings off.

Trimming the wings off defeats the purpose of the weatherstrip, you cut the flocking off, might as well leave them out.

Alan

I got them about three years ago. I realize it may not help you much now but if they have them , they will work fine,
Hope this helps!!

-
Back