Door opening problim

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
This is on my 69 dart,right door.Outside door handle is new about 2 years old.When Cindy goes to open from outside the button pushes in good but the latch seams to stick she kind of has to pull on the door to open,door closes very well.When she goes to get out no sticking opens perfect.i have tried to adjust the striker up down in out that does not help.Any clues were now to look.Cant have my lovely lady not get in.

Have you lubed it up? Pull the door panel off for access and I use some white lithium in a spray can. Sounds like the problem is sticky linkage.
C

Have you lubed it up? Pull the door panel off for access and I use some white lithium in a spray can. Sounds like the problem is sticky linkage.
C

Ok thought I would try that thanks just wanted to see what everyone thinks.

My drivers door had the same problem w/ the button. There is a small 1/4" hole above the latch on the side of the door. You can get some adjustment there using an allen wrench. Hope this helpssssss!

My drivers door had the same problem w/ the button. There is a small 1/4" hole above the latch on the side of the door. You can get some adjustment there using an allen wrench. Hope this helpssssss!

Thanksss I will look for that pissing down rain today ,I did pull the door panell off,thats it for now,Thanks for the tip.

found the problem all.There is a small Phillips screw that holds a part to the door Handel were the button pushes in that in turn moves the rod to open the latch,well that screw back out enough to cause the problem.Thanks to all that had tips.Opens like a new door now.

Thanks for posting the follow up with the answer! Wish more folks would do that. Did you use any locktite on that screw? It might be a problem again in another 40 years or so!
C

Thx for sharing that. I should probably pull my door panels off to check those too. I'm afraid to break those dang clips though :eek:ops:

Thanks for posting the follow up with the answer! Wish more folks would do that. Did you use any locktite on that screw? It might be a problem again in another 40 years or so!
C

You know after I removed the Handel and replaced it,I thought of that,thease are new handles likely cheap screws.

Thx for sharing that. I should probably pull my door panels off to check those too. I'm afraid to break those dang clips though :eek:ops:

I here ya their girl ,I only had to remove the lower latch clip all the wile saying don't break don't break.Done deal.Funny how just a few turns out would cause a sticking door latch.

-
Back