Dot org

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The site is having problems. The site owner is working on it, but could use some help. If anyone is a programmer, and could assist it would be appreciated. Contact me in a message, and I will put you in contact with the site owner.

Thanks Charlie, I am useless as a programmer but hope Chuck gets the help he needs!

The site is having problems. The site owner is working on it, but could use some help. If anyone is a programmer, and could assist it would be appreciated. Contact me in a message, and I will put you in contact with the site owner.
Maybe @Joeychgo could help if he has time?

Glad I'm not the only one.... Was starting to wonder

Oh! So it’s all about boat anchors! LOL!

Good site. Been there before my self.

But slant 6 guyrus know it all ....how could this be?? Lmao

I've offered several times to buy the site and modernize it, but he isn't interested. It looks like his software is incompatible with the server software he's using and there might be some database issues.
That's a shame. I hope he doesn't end up losing everything. Thanks for trying at least.

Hopefully it don't go away like when we had a /6.org and a /6.com, the .com site has been history for many years now.

I worry about the misc sites that have historical data like 70 hamtramic, GTS reg, my Mopar etc. having a plan in place should the site owner die or become incapacitated.

It would be a shame to loose all that data.

I think about Mr Rogers, or Sherry and Lamb chop those shows have not been seen in years. They were great for little ones much better than the crap on today.

I've offered several times to buy the site and modernize it, but he isn't interested.
That's a shame.
I don't agree.

I mean no disrespect to FABO or Joey, it's just there are big differences between this site and that site, and I think that's a good thing. I imagine I'm probably not the only .org regular who would react badly to it getting significantly changed.

Yes, it means a periodic donation drive, and every number-of-years there's a site outage and a struggle to fix it, but…well…I think it's fine for there to still be at least one or two olde-tyme sites on the internet without commercial ads and stuff. Sort of like it's fine for there still to be at least one or two cars on the road with a carburetor and breaker points.

I don't agree.

I mean no disrespect to FABO or Joey, it's just there are big differences between this site and that site, and I think that's a good thing. I imagine I'm probably not the only .org regular who would react badly to it getting significantly changed.

Yes, it means a periodic donation drive, and every number-of-years there's a site outage and a struggle to fix it, but…well…I think it's fine for there to still be at least one or two olde-tyme sites on the internet without commercial ads and stuff. Sort of like it's fine for there still to be at least one or two cars on the road with a carburetor and breaker points.
I can certainly see your point.

I've offered several times to buy the site and modernize it, but he isn't interested. It looks like his software is incompatible with the server software he's using and there might be some database issues.
He's probably in the "know it all" mindset...haha... can't teach them people new tricks

Those guys want to have their own world and put their nose in the air towards everybody else, let them be know it all assholes and lose it all, because fact is it's a ******* engine. You can apply anything that's helped any other engine to that same ******* engine and it'll help it. It's so sad that these guys have to come off so pompous essentially elitist curmudgeons.
If you debate anything with them, they ban you. Honestly the most closed-minded bunch of thin-skinned assholes on the internet, hands down. I started out as a slant six guy I bought all the **** that I could have spent half that and built a V8 with but was plenty happy with that Slant six and bragged all the time about how great the slant 6 was. When I got there I tried to share what I knew what I found what I did and recieved a bunch of disrespect throwm my way in return. The experience actually turned me off of doing any slant sixes in the future.
It was weird doing the Slant six trip getting **** from the V8.guys and then turning around and getting **** from 60-70 yr old Slant six guys as well.
I like the Slant 6 and I'm not gonna let anyone else stop me from liking it. It's a cool engine and there's really not much else like it. I think even you'd be impressed with what the headers have added. I know I am.

It's a pity every thread has to turn out like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back