Drawbacks?

-

bozvaliant

Reaction score
Hi, thinking of buying a 5.7 or 6.4 with the TR6060 attached. I know that the stock Challenger has the starter on the passenger side. Couldn't I buy a Lakewood bell housing to move the starter to the driver's side? Also, will the shifter be in a bad location? Thanks

Here is the bell that relocates the starter:

Here is a solution that would allow for the stock bell to be used (post #36):

I have a part number for a shifter that I thought would work with a TR6060, but I don't know now. There should be one though.

Don't forget about the output flange adapter and custom driveshaft as there isn't a slip yoke on the TR6060.

Also, there is no speedometer output so you will need to come up with a secondary means for showing a road speed.

Not to mention completely reworking the entire tunnel and crossmember to make any of it fit. It’s totally doable but I would definitely consider that a drawback

Not to mention completely reworking the entire tunnel and crossmember to make any of it fit. It’s totally doable but I would definitely consider that a drawback

Good point. I was looking at it from a T56 vs. TR6060 drawbacks viewpoint, didn't even think about the entire process of fitting either one.

@Sublime one put a TR6060 in his Demon. He might have some input on the drawbacks.

Note that he used a coil over conversion, so he didn't have to deal with the idler crashing with the starter.

Here is his build thread:

-
Back