drive shaft rubs on mufler now

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Just install my 8 3/4,took out the 7 1/4 had room between the drive shaft and mufflers befor not much tho,but not now.The car is on stands rear hanging down,do you think when I set it on the ground will that help in the clearence.Anyone run into this problim going from one rear to anouther on a 69 Dart.

I did nothing different to the exhaust when I installed the kit I had jack stands under my rear axels,now jack stands are under the rear frame,so now i am thinking once it is on the ground it will the way it was.

Thanks Green1 went out and jack it up and its the way it was befor the swap,theres room now.

Are there pieces one can install to safely limit the downward travel of the axle? I am just thinking at some point he is going to be smacking the exhaust and damaging it otherwise.

I say this while installing a rear differential in another vehicle. While at the dealership getting parts I talked to a couple mechanics who explained that the vent on the case gets destroyed when there is too much travel allowed (worn mounts). Similar idea but in this case it would be the exhaust getting damaged.

Just a thought.

Maybe once your motor is installed and exhaust is hooked back up,you won,t have the rubbing issues?

-
Back