Driveshaft

-

DS19872007

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm in need of a little help. I'm currently doing an upgrade on my 73 Swinger. It originally had a 225/904/7 1/4. It now has 727/8 3/4 with a 360. I need to get a new driveshaft for it and wondered if you guys could point me in a good direction for fab.

why not just shorten (4 inches I think) the driveshaft you have. Get it balanced. You will also need a 727 yoke. Your done

Last edited:
why not just shorten (4 inches I think) the driveshaft you have. Get it balanced. Your done
I trashed the old one since it was the original. I didn't see much sense using something designed for a 225 with a 360 and more than 40 years old to be honest.

^ good point. How strong would that stock shaft have been?

^ good point. How strong would that stock shaft have been?
I'm not sure. I do know it was the original shaft though so it was more than 40 years old and designed for an 85-95 HP engine. Didn't want to chance it modding an old shaft made for the slant 6. The 360 going to have just a "little" more HP & torque lol.

I'm not sure. I do know it was the original shaft though so it was more than 40 years old and designed for an 85-95 HP engine. Didn't want to chance it modding an old shaft made for the slant 6. The 360 going to have just a "little" more HP & torque lol.
The yoke on the end of the shaft looked a bit smaller than the 8 3/4 yoke to. Just didn't seem like a good idea to recycle it considering all of the above.

-
Back