Dual exhaust over-usage

-

mikedevore

Reaction score
Is it me, or have every manufacture went overboard with the dual exhaust on cars & sport utilities.
Dual exhaust used to mean that you had something under the hood.
It just doesn't seem right to see dual exhausts on a KIA.
Whats your take on it?

I imagine most are fake?
As in one pipe going back, then splitting into duals.
Just a marketing ploy, if ya ask me.
I`ve noticed that also, I`m withya mike.

more for looks then anything, most of them are only dual at the end anyway. only some v6's and v8's are dual all the way through

Most OEM do not have true dual exhaust, I E a pipe from each cylinder bank.
I understand using an aftermarket for improved for performance.

It's a way for more $$$ out of you when you need to replace them. I had a Lincoln with duals, but like most said it was a single pipe back to 2 mufflers and tailpipes the dealer said that was to make it quieter, when it was time to replace I went with a single muffler and tail pipe. it does give some cars a more balanced look from in back, they should have chargers and Challengers with the 6's full duals IMO. they did that with the new Mustangs 6's my neighbor has one.

I imagine most are fake?

Kind of like what they did with V8 Camaros in the 80's and 90's.

I don't have much of an issue with it. It was only a matter of time. These smaller engines are starting to make more and more power. I can see manufacturers doing this on modern V6's for sure.

I imagine most are fake?

I agree. I have driven a lot of miles here lately, and was laughing at Hyundai with duals on the 4th.

I can see duals with performance motors but cars with crappy performance that put too loud of exhaust on just sound totally annoying especially when it sounds like they are going 100 MPH while trying to eek out a miserable 35 MPH.
This usually applies to Toyota Tundra's and Ford F-150's with flowmasters and no balls under the hood.

Duals on a Hyundai?
I doubt if most Hyundai owners could even pop their own hood yet even notice dual exhaust nor even point out the exhaust pipe to save their life.

Guy down the road from me has a v-6 Dodge Ram , probly a 2003 or up model, has the most annoying fart pipe exhaust on this thing and it sounds like he's screaming up the road with this giant kazoo sounding exhaust note while barely hitting the speed limit......over annoying , underpowered and extremely overly gay.

I'm with you guys, if it's duals all the way back I like it but if just for looks it's lame.

I had two pipes sticking out of the back of my neon, it was actually a muffler from a late 90's camaro v-8 it did look and sound good with that 4 banger.

-
Back