Duel snorkle hood scoop

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Ok so I have a website saved but lost it when my computer crashed.
It was a website the sold factory hood scoops

For mopar chevy ford trans-am AMC they had a duel snorkel that was cheaper the most other places.

Do you guys know what website im talking about.

NONE of the aftermarket ones are even close to OEM quality, from what I have seen..

It was several years ago, but I got 2 of those scoops from AAR Fiberglass here in Florida and the quality was very good. Don't know if anything has changed since then. Bolt-on with studs. I believe you'll need to specify which hood you will be using it on because they all have different contours and can leave a little gap (Demon, Dart Sport, Duster (years?)). They seem to have a bigger variety now. I've heard good and bad about them, but the bad usually has been about timely delivery.

http://aarqualityfiberglass.com/

This page has some more specifics: http://www.aarqualityfiberglass.com/cart/product_info.php?cPath=63_75&products_id=623

Yeah....I will probably go with the AAR. I have been to his shop a couple times....it's about 3 miles from my house so delivery woes are not a concern and I can drive my car there for fitment. I have seen several of his pieces and they all look like good quality. I was just curious of the quality of this link because the price is quite a bit less.....probably a "get what you pay for" scenario.

NONE of the aftermarket ones are even close to OEM quality, from what I have seen..

of course they arent. you just arent going to get that with any repopped part. if someone just wants an A body hood scoop without the hunt and the price they commanding, this is the way to go. no they arent perfect but it looks damn good . i am quite happy with mine. this is from VFN

Attachments

• d407.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 252
  • a266.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 251
  • a267.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 219
For what they are VFN is a good alternative i think, they are not intended to be original replacements, they are more like race glass.
Here's one i took pictures of on a Dart Sport hood a couple of years ago.
They make them in a taller version than stock.

Attachments

• 20111031_284.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 276
  • 20111031_285.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 261
  • 20111031_286.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 254
  • 20111031_287.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 251
  • 20111031_288.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 287
-